Angel food cake is a light and fluffy dessert that is perfect for summer barbecues and potlucks. The addition of rich chocolate flavor in this recipe elevates the classic angel food cake to a new level of indulgence. This delicious treat is sure to impress your guests and leave them asking for seconds.
What You Need To Make Chocolate Angel Food Cake Recipe
- cake flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- squares semisweet chocolate
- egg whites
- cream of tartar
- vanilla extract
- lemon juice
- ugar for dusting
How To Make Chocolate Angel Food Cake
- 12 egg whites
- 3 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Line a 9-inch tube pan with parchment paper if it does not have a removable bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer set at low speed until they become foamy.
- Gradually mix in the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the beaten egg whites. Then fold in the grated chocolate, making sure not to leave any white streaks.
Pro Tips for Making Chocolate Angel Food Cake
Angel food cake is a light and airy dessert that’s perfect for spring and summer. But what if you want to add a little extra something to it? That’s where chocolate angel food cake comes in. Not only does it have the same light texture as regular angel food cake, but the addition of cocoa powder gives it a rich, chocolatey flavor that will make your taste buds dance. In this article, we’ll go over some pro tips for making the best chocolate angel food cake possible.
- Make sure to sift the dry ingredients to ensure a light and fluffy texture.
- Use room temperature egg whites for the best results.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter, as this can cause the cake to deflate.
- Use an ungreased pan to allow the cake to climb up the sides as it bakes.
This chocolate angel food cake is a delightful and indulgent dessert that’s sure to become a family favorite. Whether you’re serving it for a special occasion or just because, this cake is sure to please. So, why wait? Grab your ingredients, preheat your oven, and start baking!
You May Also Like