Indulge in the rich chocolatey goodness of our chocolate sour cream bundt cake. This cake is moist, flavorful, and easy to make.
What You Need To Make Bundt Chocolate Cake Recipe
Bundt Chocolate Cake Recipe
For the cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter plus more for the pan
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder we use Dutch process
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup all-purpose flour plus more for the pan
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 pic large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the chocolate glaze:
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- To begin, position the oven rack at the center and preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 10 or 12-cup Bundt pan by buttering and flouring it, then set aside.
- Next, in a small saucepan, combine the water, salt, cocoa powder, and butter. Place the pan over medium heat and stir the ingredients until they are melted and well combined. Once ready, take it off the heat and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the baking soda, sugar, and flour. Gradually add half of the melted butter mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until the mixture is thoroughly blended. The mixture will have a thick consistency. Proceed to add the remaining half of the butter mixture and whisk until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking thoroughly after each addition. Incorporate the sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and vanilla extract, whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before inverting it onto a rack. Let it cool completely before applying the glaze.
- While the cake cools, prepare the chocolate glaze. Put the chopped chocolate and corn syrup (or agave) in a medium-sized bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and heavy cream and place it over medium heat. Stir the ingredients until the sugar dissolves and the cream is hot, then pour the hot mixture over the chocolate. Whisk until the glaze is smooth.
- Generously pour the glaze over the cooled cake, allowing it to drizzle down the sides. Cut the cake into pieces and serve.
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Sodium: 359mg
- Potassium: 147mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 36g
- Vitamin A: 725IU
- Vitamin C: 0.1mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- Iron: 2mg
Pro Tips for Making Bundt Chocolate Cake
- Use room temperature ingredients: This ensures that the ingredients combine evenly and result in a smooth batter. Cold ingredients may cause the batter to curdle, resulting in a less-than-ideal texture.
- Don’t overmix: Overmixing the batter can cause the cake to become tough and dense. Mix until just combined for a light and fluffy cake.
- Use a good quality cocoa powder: The quality of your cocoa powder can greatly affect the flavor of your cake. Opt for a high-quality cocoa powder for the best results.
- Grease and flour your Bundt pan: This ensures that the cake releases easily from the pan, preventing any sticking or breaking.
- Let the cake cool before removing from the pan: Allowing the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before inverting it onto a wire rack prevents it from breaking or sticking to the pan.
- Add some toppings: While the cake is delicious on its own, adding some toppings like whipped cream, fresh berries, or chocolate ganache can take it to the next level.
Our Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake is a delicious and decadent dessert that is perfect for any occasion. With its rich chocolate flavor and moist, tender crumb, it is sure to be a crowd pleaser. By following our tips and tricks, you can ensure that your cake turns out perfectly every time. Give it a try and impress your friends and family with your baking skills!
You May Also Like