Strawberry Charlotte Cake Recipe
Fresh Strawberries, delicate Strawberry Bavarian Cream and the homemade Ladyfinger Biscuits: this Strawberry Charlotte Cake make the perfect Summer dessert!
- 7 pic Whites - or the equivalent to 250 gr
- 75 g (1/3 cup) Caster Sugar
- 4 pic Egg Yolks - or the equivalent to 160 gr
- 100 g (2/3 cup) Plain Flour
- 100 g (3/4 cup + 1 tbsp) Cornstarch
Strawberry Bavarian Cream
- 200 g (0,4 lb) Strawberries
- 3 pic Egg Yolks - or the equivalent to 120 gr
- 30 gr (2 tbsp) Caster Sugar
- 1 teasp Vanilla Paste
- 8 gr (1 tbsp) Gelatine Powder
- 350 ml (1 1/2 cup) Heavy / Thickened Cream
- 600 gr (1,2 lb) Fresh Strawberries
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Strawberry Coulis or Sauce - optional
Preheat your oven on 180°C/350°F. Line two large baking flat trays with Baking Paper. Draw the shape of the Pastry Ring (see note 1 for size) you will be using on one of the Baking Paper, and flip it.
In your Stand Mixer, whip the Egg Whites until you reach soft peaks. Gradually add the Caster Sugar, a little bit at the time, until you get Stiff Peaks.
Slowly beat in the Egg Yolks, then the Plain Flour and Cornstarch. Stop as soon as all incorporated to avoid deflating the Egg Whites.
Transfer the Ladyfinger Biscuits Batter into a large Pastry Bag with a large round nozzle.
- Calories: 290kcal
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Potassium: 178mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 15g
- Vitamin A: 586IU
- Vitamin C: 41mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- Iron: 1mg