Love coffee and almonds? Try our almond mocha cake! It’s a delightful fusion of chocolate, coffee, and almonds, perfect for any occasion. Easy to make, whether you’re an expert baker or just starting out. Don’t miss out – indulge now!
Key Almond Mocha Cake Ingredients & Why
Almonds provide nutty flavor and crunch to almond mocha cake.
Chocolate brings rich, decadent flavor to mocha cake, in the form of cocoa powder or melted chocolate.
Coffee adds depth and complements chocolate in mocha cake, whether brewed or as instant coffee granules.
Flour provides structure and texture, typically all-purpose flour in mocha cake recipes.
Sugar sweetens the cake, balancing coffee and cocoa bitterness, usually granulated.
Butter adds richness and moisture, often in softened form.
Eggs bind ingredients, provide structure, and enhance richness and moisture.
Baking powder and baking soda make the cake rise, creating a light, fluffy texture.
Salt enhances flavors and balances sweetness in the mix.
How Do You Make The Best Almond Mocha Cake?
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F. Next, prepare a 13x9x2-inch baking pan by greasing and flouring it. In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar, beat until combined, scraping the bowl’s sides occasionally. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in sour cream and vanilla until well combined. Gradually stir in the flour mixture, only mixing until moistened. Divide the batter evenly between two medium bowls.
- Combine cocoa mixture with one batter portion and amaretto with the other, mixing well.
- Begin by pouring the cocoa batter evenly into the prepared pan, then tap the pan lightly on the work surface to eliminate any air bubbles. Next, spoon the amaretto batter over the cocoa batter, ensuring an even spread, and tap the pan once more for good measure.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then remove and cool on the wire rack. Serve with Cappuccino Whipped Cream, and if desired, add a sprinkle of chopped almonds for extra flavor.
Pro Tips For Making Almond Mocha Cake Recipe
- Master the recipe: Study it thoroughly before starting, ensuring you have all needed ingredients and equipment. Precise adherence guarantees the finest results.
- Opt for premium ingredients: Elevate flavor and texture by choosing top-tier cocoa powder, espresso powder, and almond flour.
- Room temperature readiness: Ensure all ingredients are at room temperature to facilitate easy mixing and achieve a seamless batter.
- Cream the butter and sugar: Achieve a tender, moist cake by creaming these ingredients until light and fluffy. Employ a stand mixer or hand mixer for optimal results.
- Avoid overmixing: Overmixing can result in a tough, dense cake. Mix until just combined, then cease.
- Parchment paper lining: Prevent sticking and ease removal by lining your cake pans’ bottoms with parchment paper.
- Complete cooling: Allow the cake to cool entirely before frosting to prevent melting and sliding.
- Toasted almond crunch: Enhance the cake with a delightful nutty crunch by toasting almonds in the oven or on the stovetop before adding them.
- Espresso buttercream delight: Complement mocha and almond flavors with a rich espresso buttercream. Apply it in swirls or spread evenly using an offset spatula.
- Chocolate embellishment: Elevate decadence with drizzled melted chocolate or chocolate shavings atop the cake.
How to Store Almond Mocha Cake
- Let the cake cool completely before storing.
- Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to seal out air.
- Store the cake in an airtight container for freshness.
- Keep it at room temperature for 2 days or in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- To freeze, wrap in plastic and foil, then store in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Can You Freeze Almond Mocha Cake?
- Freeze almond mocha cake for up to 3 months once it’s cooled completely, tightly wrapped in clingfilm.
- After complete cooling, wrap your almond mocha cake tightly in clingfilm for freezing. This method works for various flavorful cakes like banana, chocolate, carrot, and pumpkin cakes, as well as Bundt and pound cakes.
- Freeze almond mocha cake for up to 3 months after cooling and tightly wrapping it in clingfilm.
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Mocha Cake
What is almond mocha cake?
Almond mocha cake combines almond and coffee flavors in moist layers with espresso buttercream and chocolate fudge swirls.
What are the ingredients needed to make almond mocha cake?
Ingredients for almond mocha cake: almond flour, coffee, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs, butter, baking powder, and salt.
How is almond mocha cake made?
Make almond mocha cake by mixing dry and wet ingredients, then bake.
What are the frosting options for almond mocha cake?
Almond mocha cake is typically frosted with espresso buttercream, hot fudge, and almonds.
Almond Mocha Cake Recipe
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¼ cup amaretto
- 3 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 recipe Cappuccino Whipped Cream
- Chopped almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; then mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Mix in sour cream, vanilla, and gradually add flour mixture, stirring until moistened. Divide batter between two medium bowls.
- Mix cocoa powder, espresso powder, and hot water in a bowl until smooth. Stir into one batter portion.
- Pour cocoa batter into the pan evenly, tap to remove air bubbles. Spoon amaretto batter, spread, and tap again.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Then, remove and cool on a wire rack. Serve with Cappuccino Whipped Cream. Optionally, sprinkle with chopped almonds.