Indulge in the sweet scent of cinnamon and apples with our apple cinnamon streusel cake. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, it features a buttery streusel topping and a cinnamon apple center. Let’s start baking!
Key Apple Cinnamon Streusel Cake Ingredients & Why
It’s the foundation for both cake batter and streusel topping, providing structure and texture.
Both granulated and brown sugar sweeten the batter and topping, ensuring a tender crumb.
A key flavor in the cake, it adds warmth and depth to both batter and streusel.
Unsalted butter creates a rich, crumbly texture in the streusel.
Tart varieties like Granny Smith, used in the filling, hold their shape when baked, balancing the cake’s sweetness.
Baking powder and soda make the cake rise, yielding a light, fluffy texture.
It binds ingredients and adds moisture.
Enhances the cake’s flavor.
Adds moisture and tang; create a substitute with vinegar and milk if needed.
Balances sweetness and enhances flavor in the cake.
How Do You Make The Apple Cinnamon Streusel Cake?
- To get started, preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C. Then, make sure to grease and flour an 8-inch/20cm square cake pan.
- Craft the crumb topping: Combine sugars, cinnamon, salt, melted butter, and flour until it’s just moist. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon) in a large bowl. In a separate medium bowl, combine yogurt, brown sugar, oil, and maple syrup for the cake.
- Chop one apple finely and mix it with the wet ingredients. Slice the second apple thinly, coat the slices in lemon juice, and set aside.
- Carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones, avoiding excessive mixing. The batter will have a thick texture. Pour it into the prepared pan and evenly smooth it.
- Simply layer apple slices on the cake’s surface and finish with a generous sprinkle of crumb topping.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick is clean. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving, whether you like it warm or at room temperature.
Pro Tips For Making Apple Cinnamon Streusel Cake Recipe
- Opt for fresh, crisp apples like Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Braeburn, which hold their shape well when baked, providing a delightful contrast to the soft cake.
- Avoid overmixing the batter to maintain a tender cake. Mix until just combined, refraining from excessive stirring.
- Enhance batter smoothness by using room temperature ingredients, such as eggs and butter, for easier mixing.
- Elevate the cake’s flavor by generously layering the streusel topping; don’t skimp on this delicious element.
- Simplify cake removal and streusel preservation by using a springform pan.
- Ensure a well-set cake that doesn’t crumble by allowing it to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing.
How to Store Apple Cinnamon Streusel Cake
- Keep leftover cake in a sealed container at room temp for up to 4 days.
- Store the cake in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for 2-3 days. For warmer climates, refrigerate it. Good for 5 days.
- Wrap unglazed cake in plastic, refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Leftover cake lasts around 4 days in an airtight container at room temp.
- Refrigerate cake in an airtight container for a week, or wrap tightly with plastic and store in an airtight container for 3 months.
- Allow coffee cake to reach room temp, then seal it in an airtight container or a large freezer bag.
Can You Freeze Apple Cinnamon Streusel Cake?
Preserve your apple cinnamon streusel cake for up to 6 months by securely sealing it in an airtight container or wrapping it in plastic before storing it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Apple Cinnamon Streusel Cake
What is apple cinnamon streusel cake?
Savor the simplicity of apple cinnamon streusel cake, featuring fresh apples, cinnamon topping, and a sweet glaze.
What are the ingredients in apple cinnamon streusel cake?
Crafting a delicious apple cinnamon streusel cake requires a blend of key ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, butter, vanilla extract, fresh apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
How do I make apple cinnamon streusel cake?
For a delectable apple cinnamon streusel cake, follow these clear steps: Mix dry and wet ingredients, fold in apples, pour into a greased dish, generously top with crumbly streusel, and bake until golden brown with a clean toothpick test.
How do I store apple cinnamon streusel cake?
Keep your apple cinnamon streusel cake fresh for up to 2 days at room temperature or 5 days in the refrigerator, with the option to freeze it for 3 months.
Apple Cinnamon Streusel Cake Recipe
- ⅔ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups diced apples
Coffee Cake Batter
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F/175°C. Next, ensure you've greased and floured an 8-inch/20cm square cake pan.
- To prepare the crumb topping, combine sugars, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Use a fork to blend in the melted butter, and then add the flour, stirring until it's just moist. Set this mixture aside.
- Begin by blending the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon) in a large bowl. In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together yogurt, brown sugar, oil, and maple syrup.
- Begin by finely chopping one apple and folding it into the wet ingredients. Then, take the other apple and slice it thinly. Toss these slices in lemon juice and set them aside.
- Combine dry with wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix. The resulting batter will have a thick consistency. Pour it into the prepared pan and ensure a smooth surface.
- Begin by lining the cake's surface with apple slices, then generously spread the crumb topping over them.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick emerges clean. Allow it to cool for a minimum of 10 minutes before slicing and serving, whether you prefer it warm or at room temperature.