If you are a fan of delicious, moist cakes, then you’ll love our hummingbird cake recipe. This recipe is perfect for any occasion, and it’s incredibly easy to make. With its tropical flavors and moist texture, it’s no wonder that hummingbird cake is a favorite among cake lovers. In this article, we will walk you through the steps to make the best hummingbird cake you’ve ever tasted.
What You Need To Make Hummingbird Cake Recipe
Hummingbird Cake Recipe
For the Cake
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar up to 4 cups if you want it stiffer
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp pineapple juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans for garnish if desired
For the Cake
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To prepare your cake pans, start by spraying them with a non-stick baking spray. Then, line each pan with a piece of parchment paper and give the top of the parchment paper a final spray of baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Whisk the dry ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Next, add in the wet ingredients to the bowl. Whisk in the eggs, oil, vanilla, pineapple with juice, mashed bananas, and pecans (if desired) until everything is fully combined. The resulting batter will be thick and well-mixed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake the cakes in the preheated oven for 24-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean.
- After the cakes have baked, allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes in their pans. Once slightly cooled, carefully remove the cakes from the pans and allow them to cool completely at room temperature before frosting as desired.
For the Frosting
- Incorporate some butter and cream cheese into your mixer's bowl and blend them on high velocity until they start thickening and becoming fluffy.
- Subsequently, reduce the speed of your mixer and pour the confectioner's sugar slowly, making sure that it combines properly. Once you have added all the sugar, increase the velocity again to keep whipping.
- Include some pineapple juice and vanilla extract, and keep beating the mixture until it has a silky texture, is airy, and fluffy, which will result in a delicious frosting.
- Prepare the cakes by leveling them, and if needed, slice each cake into two layers, yielding a total of four layers (if you prefer, you can leave them as two layers).
- Spread frosting evenly between each layer, and then frost the whole cake using the remaining frosting. To enhance the presentation, sprinkle additional pecans over the top if desired. Be sure to serve the cake at room temperature for optimal flavor.
- Carbohydrates: 63g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Sodium: 219mg
- Potassium: 164mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 46g
- Vitamin A: 494IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- Iron: 1mg
Pro Tips for Making Hummingbird Cake
If you’re looking for a show-stopping dessert that will impress your guests, look no further than Hummingbird Cake. This delicious cake is a Southern classic that’s packed with flavor and perfect for any occasion. In this article, we will provide you with pro tips for making a mouth-watering Hummingbird Cake that will leave everyone asking for the recipe.
Use Ripe Bananas
The key to a moist and flavorful Hummingbird Cake is to use ripe bananas. The riper the better! The bananas should be soft and speckled with brown spots. Mash them well with a fork or potato masher to ensure they blend well with the other ingredients.
Add Crushed Pineapple
One of the signature ingredients of Hummingbird Cake is crushed pineapple. Not only does it add a sweet and tangy flavor, but it also adds moisture to the cake. Be sure to use the canned variety, and don’t drain the juice. You want all of that deliciousness in your cake!
Use Pecans for Crunch
The final touch to any Hummingbird Cake is the chopped pecans. They add a crunchy texture and nutty flavor that perfectly complements the other ingredients. Be sure to chop the pecans finely so that they are evenly distributed throughout the cake.
Mix Dry Ingredients Thoroughly
When mixing the dry ingredients, be sure to do so thoroughly. This will ensure that the baking soda, salt, and cinnamon are evenly distributed throughout the flour, which will result in a more uniform rise and flavor.
Alternate Wet and Dry Ingredients
To ensure that your Hummingbird Cake is moist and fluffy, it’s important to alternate adding the wet and dry ingredients. Start by adding one-third of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, then one-third of the mashed bananas, and one-third of the crushed pineapple. Repeat until all ingredients are mixed together.
It’s important not to overmix the batter, as this can result in a dense and tough cake. Mix just until the ingredients are combined, and then stop. A few lumps in the batter are okay.
Use a Bundt Pan
Hummingbird Cake looks stunning when baked in a Bundt pan. The fluted edges and center hole make for a beautiful presentation. Be sure to grease the pan well, or use a non-stick cooking spray, to prevent the cake from sticking.
Cool Completely Before Frosting
Before frosting your cake, be sure to let it cool completely. This will prevent the frosting from melting and sliding off the cake. You can speed up the cooling process by placing the cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
you’ve made the perfect Hummingbird Cake! This delicious cake is sure to be a hit at any occasion, from birthdays to weddings to potlucks. With its moist, flavorful cake layers and rich, creamy cream cheese frosting, it’s no wonder that this cake is such a beloved classic. So go ahead and give this recipe a try – we guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
You May Also Like