Batik Cake, also known as Hedgehog Slice, is a delicious treat that originates from Indonesia. This cake is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a birthday, anniversary, or just a special treat for yourself. In this article, we will share with you our favorite Batik Cake recipe, which is sure to impress your friends and family.
What You Need To Make Batik Cake Recipe
Batik Cake Recipes
- To begin, take a 7-inch square pan and line it completely with non-stick baking paper, ensuring that the paper is higher than the pan.
- Next, beat the eggs lightly and add Milo and condensed milk to the mixture. Whisk everything together until fully combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into a non-stick pot or pan, and add the butter. Cook the mixture over medium-low heat while stirring continuously until it begins to thicken. Then, reduce the heat to low.
- When the egg custard is fully cooked, it will appear thick and grainy. Remove the pot from the heat.
- To assemble the cake, spread a single layer of custard into the pan, and arrange the marie biscuits on top of the custard. Repeat this step until all of the biscuits or custard have been used, ensuring that each interlayer has only a thin layer of custard.
- After layering the cake, fold the high collars of the baking paper over the top of the cake, pressing down and compacting the cake with your hands.
- Finally, chill the cake in the fridge overnight before cutting it into slices.
Pro Tips for Making Batik Cake Recipes
Batik cake is a popular Indonesian dessert made from rice flour, coconut milk, and a variety of flavors such as pandan, chocolate, and strawberry. It’s named after the Indonesian fabric called batik, which features a similar pattern to the cake’s unique design. If you’re a foodie who loves to experiment with new recipes, then making batik cake is an excellent way to try something new. In this article, we’ll give you pro tips for making batik cake recipes that are sure to impress your family and friends.
1.Use a Non-Stick Pan
To make batik cake, you’ll need a special pan with a unique design that creates the batik pattern. It’s important to use a non-stick pan to prevent the cake from sticking to the bottom. If you don’t have a batik cake pan, you can use any non-stick pan with a similar size and shape.
2.Mix the Batter Well
To ensure that the cake has a smooth texture, it’s essential to mix the batter well. You can use a blender or a mixer to mix the ingredients, but make sure not to over-mix the batter as it can cause the cake to be tough.
3.Cook the Cake Over Low Heat
Cooking the cake over low heat is crucial to get the perfect texture and prevent the cake from burning. It’s important to be patient and cook the cake slowly until it’s fully cooked. You can check the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center, and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
4.Let the Cake Cool Completely
After the cake is cooked, let it cool completely before slicing it. This allows the cake to set and prevents it from falling apart. You can also refrigerate the cake for a few hours before serving to enhance the flavor.
Batik Cake is a delicious treat that everyone will love. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to impress your friends and family. Whether you’re looking for a special treat for yourself or want to make something for a special occasion, Batik Cake is the perfect choice. We hope you enjoy making this delicious recipe and sharing it with your loved ones.
You May Also Like