If you’re looking for a show-stopping dessert that’s perfect for any occasion, look no further than this red velvet center cheesecake recipe. Combining the rich flavors of red velvet cake with the creamy texture of a classic cheesecake, this recipe is sure to impress your guests.
You Need To Make Red Velvet-Center Cheesecake Recipe
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- food coloring
- white vinegar
- vanilla extract
How To Make Red Velvet-Center Cheesecake
- 1 ½ teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup unsalted
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To start making this delicious cake, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and prepare a 9-inch cake pan by greasing and flouring it. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk together. Set the dry mixture aside. In another bowl, mix together the milk, food coloring, vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. The mixture should become visibly lighter in color. Add the egg and beat until smooth. Gradually add in the flour mixture and milk, alternating between the two until everything is just incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and cooling it completely on a wire rack.
- After the cake has cooled, cut half of it into cubes and set them aside. Cut the remaining cake into 1/2-inch strips and place them onto a baking sheet. Put the cake strips back in the oven and bake until they have dried out, which should take about 15 minutes. Flip the strips over halfway through cooking to dry them evenly. After they're completely dry, let them cool to room temperature and then crush them into fine crumbs.
- Mix the cake crumbs with melted butter until they're evenly moistened. Press the mixture into a 10-inch springform pan and refrigerate it until the butter has hardened, which should take about 45 minutes.
- While the crust is hardening, whip the whipping cream until it's stiff and set it aside. In a separate bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with 2/3 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth. Fold in the whipped cream until it's evenly mixed. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture into the hardened crumb crust, then spread the cake cubes evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Finally, spread the remaining cream cheese over the top. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours until the cream cheese has set and the cheesecake is firm.
Pro Tips for Making Red Velvet-Center Cheesecake
Red velvet-center cheesecake is a delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It is a combination of two desserts, red velvet cake, and cheesecake, creating a visually stunning and flavorful dessert. In this article, we will provide you with pro tips for making red velvet-center cheesecake that will help you create a dessert that is not only visually stunning but also incredibly delicious.
The first and foremost tip for making red velvet-center cheesecake is to use high-quality ingredients. The quality of ingredients used in making any dessert can make a significant difference in its taste and texture. Using high-quality cream cheese, cocoa powder, and cake flour will ensure that the cheesecake is rich, creamy, and velvety. Similarly, using fresh eggs, buttermilk, and butter will add depth and richness to the dessert.
Preparing the ingredients for the red velvet-center cheesecake is as important as using high-quality ingredients. Make sure that the cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature before starting the preparation. Softened cream cheese and eggs will ensure that the cheesecake batter is smooth and creamy, without any lumps. Also, ensure that you measure the ingredients accurately as slight variations in the measurements can affect the texture and taste of the cheesecake.
Mixing the ingredients for the red velvet-center cheesecake requires some finesse. Over-mixing the ingredients can result in a dense and heavy cheesecake, while under-mixing can cause lumps in the batter. Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until they are smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Finally, add the cocoa powder, cake flour, and buttermilk, and mix until the batter is smooth and velvety.
Layering the red velvet-center cheesecake requires some precision. First, pour half of the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Next, pour the red velvet cake batter on top of the cheesecake batter, making sure to spread it evenly. Finally, pour the remaining cheesecake batter on top of the red velvet cake batter, making sure to cover the cake completely. Use a spatula to smooth the top of the cheesecake batter.
Baking the red velvet-center cheesecake requires some patience and attention. Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake the cheesecake for 45-50 minutes or until the cheesecake is set and the center is slightly jiggly. Avoid over-baking the cheesecake as it can result in cracks on the surface. Once the cheesecake is baked, allow it to cool to room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator.
Toppings can add a lot of flavor and texture to the red velvet-center cheesecake. Some popular toppings include whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and fresh berries. To make the dessert visually stunning, drizzle some chocolate sauce on top of the cheesecake and sprinkle some red velvet cake crumbs.
In conclusion, this red velvet center cheesecake is a delicious and visually stunning dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. With its rich, decadent flavors and creamy texture, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Follow the steps in our recipe to make your own, and enjoy a truly unforgettable dessert experience.
You May Also Like