Cake poffertjes Slices of our vanilla pound cake will make your loved ones smile. It goes well with a cup of tea for lunch or afternoon tea.
Poffertjes (Little Dutch Pancakes) cake Recipe
- Mix the dry ingredients in a sizable 2-liter jug with the flours, sugar, salt, and yeast.
- Add the eggs and the heated milk. The batter should be thoroughly blended, either with a whisk or a big wooden spoon.
- Place the jug in a warm place, cover with a fresh tea towel (or plastic food wrap), and let it rise for approximately an hour, or until it has almost doubled in size.
- Mix the batter quickly, then pour some of it into a plastic squirt bottle.
- Warm the poffertjes maker and brush the holes with butter. Fill each hole to the top with batter using the squirt bottle. Cook until the bottoms begin to brown and the batter on top has firmed up. Flip the poffertjes over with a skewer and cook for another minute or two. Remove the poffertjes maker and place on a plate. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
- Serve hot, dusted with powdered sugar and butter, or with jam and cream.
- Fat 1g 2%
- Saturated Fat 1g 6%
- Cholesterol 4mg 1%
- Sodium 4mg 0%
- Potassium 18mg 1%
- Carbohydrates 2g 1%
- Fiber1g 4%
- Sugar 1g 1%
- Protein 1g 2%
Slices of our vanilla pound cake will make your loved ones smile. It goes well with a cup of tea for lunch or afternoon tea.