Welcome to our delightful recipe for a classic carrot cake with a twist.
What You Need To Make Carrot Cake with Pineapple Recipe
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- pineapple juice
- vanilla extract
How To Make Carrot Cake with Pineapple
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups grated carrots
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Next, spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, sift together 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking soda, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- In another bowl, lightly beat 3 eggs. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of white sugar, 1 cup of buttermilk, 1 cup of applesauce, 3/4 cup of oil, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Once done, cool the cake in the baking dish on a wire rack for about an hour.
Pro Tips for Making Carrot Cake with Pineapple
Choose the Right Ingredients
The first step to making a great carrot cake with pineapple is to choose the right ingredients.
You’ll need fresh, high-quality carrots, a can of crushed pineapple, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Be sure to use fresh ingredients and measure them accurately for the best results.
Prepare the Carrots
The carrots are the star of the show in a carrot cake, so it’s essential to prepare them properly.
Peel and grate the carrots using a box grater or food processor. You want the carrots to be finely grated, so they cook evenly in the cake.
Squeeze out any excess liquid from the grated carrots with a clean kitchen towel.
Mix the Dry Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Whisk the dry ingredients together until they’re evenly combined. This step ensures that the dry ingredients are distributed evenly throughout the cake batter.
Mix the Wet Ingredients
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
Add in the crushed pineapple and grated carrots and mix well.
Combine the Dry and Wet Ingredients
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter, as this can make the cake dense and tough.
A few lumps in the batter are okay.
we have provided a recipe for carrot cake with pineapple cream cheese frosting that is not only easy to make but also incredibly delicious.
We hope that you enjoy our recipe and that it becomes a staple in your dessert repertoire. Happy baking!
You May Also Like