Carrot cake is a classic dessert that is both flavorful and healthy. This delicious recipe combines the natural sweetness of carrots with the tangy flavor of crushed pineapple and the nutty crunch of pecans. Here’s how you can make this mouth-watering carrot cake that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
What You Need To Make Carrot Cake with Crushed Pineapple Recipe
How To Make Carrot Cake with Crushed Pineapple
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated carrots, or more to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Then, grease and flour three 9-inch round or square cake pans. This will ensure that your cake doesn't stick and comes out perfectly.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. This will help to evenly distribute the ingredients and ensure that your cake has a consistent texture and flavour.
- In another bowl, beat together the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until well blended. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture until well mixed.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cake pans. Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. This will ensure that your cake is perfectly baked and ready to be enjoyed.
Pro Tips for Making Carrot Cake with Crushed Pineapple
Preparing the Carrots and Pineapple:
To prepare the carrots for the cake, peel and grate them finely. This will help them blend into the cake batter and give it a smooth texture. Drain the crushed pineapple well to remove any excess liquid. The pineapple adds a natural sweetness to the cake, so it’s important to use a good quality brand.
Mixing the Batter:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk the dry ingredients together until they are well combined. In another mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, a little at a time, until the batter is smooth and well mixed. Fold in the grated carrots and crushed pineapple until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Baking the Cake:
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-inch cake pans with butter or cooking spray. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
Frosting the Cake:
Once the cake has cooled, it’s time to frost it. For the frosting, you’ll need:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
This delicious carrot cake with crushed pineapple and pecans is sure to become a family favorite. It’s easy to make, healthy, and packed with flavor. By following these simple tips, you can make the perfect carrot cake every time. So why not try this recipe today and see for yourself why it’s one of the best carrot cake recipes out there?
You May Also Like