Are you looking for a dessert that combines the classic taste of carrot cake with the richness of cheesecake? Look no further than this delectable recipe for Carrot Cake Cheesecake!
This dessert is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a holiday party or a special treat for yourself. With its moist and fluffy carrot cake base and creamy cheesecake topping, this dish is sure to please any sweet tooth.
What You Need To Make Carrot Cake Cheesecake Recipe
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
- dark brown sugar
- baking powder
How To Make Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) and positioning the racks in the center and lower third of the oven. To ensure even cooking, fill a roasting pan halfway with water and place it on the lower rack.
- Next, grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray to prevent the cake from sticking. This will make it easier to remove the cake from the pan once it's fully cooked.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on high speed until it becomes fluffy. Reduce the speed to medium-low and add white sugar, beating for 2 minutes. Then, add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in sour cream and vanilla extract until the batter is smooth. Finally, stir in flour to complete the cheesecake batter.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together brown sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add an egg and beat for 2 minutes before reducing the speed to low. Mix in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until combined. Fold in the carrots and walnuts to create the carrot cake batter.
- Spread the carrot cake batter into the prepared pan and top it with the cheesecake batter. Place the pan on the center rack above the roasting pan with water and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, covering the top with aluminum foil if it begins to brown too quickly. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before running a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen it. Cool the cake to room temperature on a wire rack and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- To complete the dessert, beat together confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, and almond extract in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Remove the ring of the pan and spread the frosting on top of the chilled cheesecake layer.
Pro Tips for Making Carrot Cake Cheesecake
Carrot cake and cheesecake are two classic desserts that many people love. But what if you combined the two into one delicious treat? That’s right, we’re talking about carrot cake cheesecake! This dessert is a perfect blend of the creamy, tangy flavor of cheesecake and the sweet, spiced flavor of carrot cake. In this article, we’ll be discussing some pro tips to help you make the best carrot cake cheesecake.
1.The Perfect Base
The base of the carrot cake cheesecake is just as important as the filling. You want to use a graham cracker crust that is sturdy enough to hold the weight of the cheesecake filling. To make the crust, crush graham crackers and mix them with melted butter and sugar. Press the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and bake it in the oven for 10 minutes at 350°F. This will give you a delicious, crunchy crust that is the perfect foundation for your cheesecake.
2.The Cheesecake Filling
The filling for the carrot cake cheesecake is what makes this dessert so special. You want to use a mixture of cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract to create a smooth, creamy filling. To add the carrot cake flavor, you can add grated carrots, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice to the filling. When making the filling, be sure to beat the cream cheese until it is smooth and then gradually add the other ingredients. This will help to ensure that the filling is smooth and creamy, without any lumps.
3.Adding the Carrot Cake Layer
To add the carrot cake layer to the cheesecake, you will need to prepare a simple carrot cake batter. This can be made by mixing together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, eggs, oil, and grated carrots. Once the batter is ready, pour it over the cheesecake filling in the springform pan. Be sure to spread the batter evenly to create a smooth layer.
4.Baking the Carrot Cake Cheesecake
Baking the carrot cake cheesecake is a delicate process that requires patience and precision. You want to bake the dessert at 350°F for about 45 minutes, or until the cheesecake filling is set and the carrot cake layer is golden brown. When baking, be sure to place a pan of water on the bottom rack of the oven. This will help to prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
5.Topping the Carrot Cake Cheesecake
Finally, the carrot cake cheesecake can be topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting. To make the frosting, you will need to beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Once the frosting is smooth and creamy, you can spread it over the top of the cheesecake. You can also add chopped pecans or walnuts for an extra crunch.
This Carrot Cake Cheesecake recipe is a delicious twist on two classic desserts. The combination of moist and fluffy carrot cake with creamy and rich cheesecake creates a harmonious balance of flavors and textures. Give it a try and taste the magic for yourself!
You May Also Like