Looking for an impressive cake recipe? Check out the Almond Coconut Raspberry Cake Recipe! It combines nutty and fruity flavors with a tangy raspberry twist, perfect for tea time or special occasions.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced baker, this cake is easy to make and will be a crowd-pleaser.Check out the recipes from Zesty South Indian Kitchen, TBLSPOON, The Café Sucre Farine, Joyous Health, Pies and Tacos, and Baker by Nature to find the perfect recipe for you!
Key Almond Coconut Raspberry Cake Ingredients & Why
Ground Almonds/Almond Flour
Adds nutty flavor, moisture, protein, and healthy fats.
Infuses tropical flair, chewy texture, fiber, and healthy fats.
Sweetens while enhancing moisture and tenderness.
Introduces sweet-tartness, color, texture, fiber, and vitamin C.
Bind and structure the cake while adding moisture.
Enriches flavor and maintains moist tenderness.
Canola Oil/Coconut Oil
Provides moisture for a tender cake.
Elevates the cake, making it light and fluffy.
Enhances the cake’s flavor.
How Do You Make The Best Almond Coconut Raspberry Cake?
- Get ready by greasing and lining a 23cm/9-inch springform cake pan. Then, make sure to preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Mix almonds, coconut, sugar, flour, and salt in a bowl; whisk to remove lumps.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Add melted butter, vanilla extract, and lemon zest, and whisk until fully mixed. Combine this with the dry ingredients through whisking.
- Begin by placing half of the dough into the cake tin, then add half of the raspberries. Finally, complete the layering with the remaining dough and the remaining raspberries.
- Add flaked almonds, bake for 50 minutes, and watch closely for a clean skewer test.
- Rest for 30 minutes, then invert the cake from the tin, remove the parchment, and place it on a serving plate. Enjoy it warm with cream or refrigerate for later.
- Keep fresh for 3 days in an airtight container or aluminum foil wrap. Perfectly freezer-friendly for a month.
Pro Tips For Making Almond Coconut Raspberry Cake Recipe
- Avoid overmixing for a tender cake; mix until just combined.
- Achieve moisture and tenderness with buttermilk or a touch of vinegar in the milk.
- Elevate your cake’s texture and flavor with finely ground blanched almond flour.
- Boost almond flavor with almond essence.
- Infuse tanginess and vibrant color into your cake with fresh raspberries.
- Add a subtle coconut twist to your cake with coconut oil.
- Top your cake off deliciously with coconut cream.
How to Store Almond Coconut Raspberry Cake
- Let the cake cool fully before storing.
- Wrap it snugly in plastic or foil to keep it moist.
- Seal it in an airtight container or resealable bag.
- Store at room temp for 2 days, or freeze for 2 months.
Can You Freeze Almond Coconut Raspberry Cake?
Freeze your almond coconut raspberry cake with confidence! All recipes confirm its freezability. Some suggest slicing before freezing, while others recommend an airtight container. You can freeze it for one to three months, and when it’s time to defrost, you have the option of using the microwave or allowing it to thaw at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Coconut Raspberry Cake
What is almond coconut raspberry cake?
Savor the perfection of almond coconut raspberry cake: a buttery delight with almond flour, coconut, and your choice of raspberry jam or fresh raspberries, topped with toasted flaked almonds.
How long does it take to make almond coconut raspberry cake?
Create a delectable almond coconut raspberry cake in no time; it’s quick and easy.
Can I make almond coconut raspberry cake gluten-free?
Elevate your almond coconut raspberry cake to gluten-free bliss with a simple swap – just exchange regular flour for your favorite gluten-free brand.
What are the ingredients for almond coconut raspberry cake?
Create your almond coconut raspberry cake effortlessly with these concise ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, almond extract, and either raspberry jam or fresh raspberries, garnished with sliced almonds for extra flavor.
Almond Coconut Raspberry Cake Recipe
- 1 ⅔ cup /180g ground almonds/ almond flour
- ⅔ cup / 60g desiccated coconut
- 1 ¼ cup /250g granulated sugar
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp/70g all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cups 2 tbsp/200g unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon 1 tsp
- 8 oz 170g raspberries
- ¼ cup/ 20g flaked almonds
- Before you start, prepare a 23cm/9-inch springform cake pan by greasing and lining it. Once that's done, preheat your oven to 350F/180C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almonds, coconut, sugar, flour, and salt, then whisk to aerate and eliminate lumps.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk eggs. Add melted butter, vanilla extract, and lemon zest, and whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Transfer half the dough into the cake tin, layer with half the raspberries, and top with the remaining dough and raspberries.
- Add flaked almonds, then bake for 50 minutes, checking closely towards the end for a clean skewer test.
- After a 30-minute rest, invert the cake out of the tin, discard the parchment, and position it correctly on a serving plate. You can serve it warm with cream or refrigerate it for later.
- You can store it in an airtight container or wrap it in aluminum foil, and it will stay fresh for 3 days. Plus, it freezes beautifully for a month.