Looking for a recipe that screams tropical paradise? Well, check out the Almond Coconut Mango Cake! It’s a delightful blend of almond, coconut, and mango flavors that’ll transport you to a sunny beach.
With its soft and fluffy coconut cake layers, homemade mango curd, and creamy coconut buttercream frosting, this cake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re hosting a summer party or just want to treat yourself to a slice of paradise, the Almond Coconut Mango Cake is the perfect dessert for any occasion.
Key Almond Coconut Mango Cake Ingredients & Why
Mango infuses our mango coconut almond cake with a delightful tropical sweetness, either as a puree in the batter or as a topping.
Almonds contribute a nutty essence and texture, typically ground into flour for the cake batter.
Coconut, in the form of shredded coconut or coconut milk, complements mango and almonds, enhancing moisture and flavor.
Sugar sweetens the batter, with variations like granulated or brown sugar depending on the recipe.
Flour serves as the cake batter’s base, often using all-purpose or alternative flours like almond flour.
Eggs bind and enrich the cake while providing structure.
Butter, when softened and creamed with sugar, adds richness and flavor.
Baking powder acts as a leavening agent, creating a light, fluffy texture by interacting with other batter ingredients.
Lime zest adds a zesty citrus kick when incorporated into the cake batter alongside other elements.
How Do You Make The Best Almond Coconut Mango Cake?
- Quickly preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan), then grease and line a 20cm round cake pan.
- Microwave the butter in a large bowl, then let it cool briefly.
- Whisk together egg, vanilla, and sugar in the wet ingredients.
- Blend almond meal, salt, baking powder, coconut, and lemon zest in the dry mix for a thorough combination.
- Start by baking for 40 minutes, then pour the mixture into the pan. Sprinkle almonds evenly over it and continue baking for an additional 40 minutes. Afterward, allow it to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before gently transferring it to a cooling rack.
- Cool for an hour before slicing. It’s wonderfully moist, perfect as is – no cream or extras required!
Pro Tips For Making Almond Coconut Mango Cake Recipe
- Select flawless, ripe mangos for the cake.
- Boost the cake’s nutrition with almond, coconut, and honey.
- Freeze cake layers before frosting for easier handling.
- Apply a crumb coat to ensure frosting adheres smoothly.
- Finish with a passionfruit glaze for a delightful sweet-tart twist.
- Enjoy the cake chilled for tea or warmed as a delightful dessert.
How to Store Almond Coconut Mango Cake
- Store the cake at room temperature for 1 day or refrigerate it for up to 2 days.
- To keep it on your countertop, use a cloche. For refrigeration, use an airtight container.
- Ensure cool room temperature to prevent the cake from drooping.
Can You Freeze Almond Coconut Mango Cake?
You have the option to freeze almond coconut mango cake for future indulgence. It’s recommended to use an airtight container or slice it before freezing. When you’re ready to enjoy, let it defrost at room temperature. Keep in mind that the cake’s texture might undergo some changes due to freezing.
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Coconut Mango Cake
What is unsweetened shredded coconut?
Unsweetened shredded coconut is simply dried without added sugar.
Is almond coconut cake gluten-free?
Almond coconut cake recipes can be gluten-free. The healthy version uses almond and coconut flour for that purpose, while the gluten-free almond and coconut cake recipe opts for almond meal, guaranteeing a completely gluten-free treat.
What is the texture of almond coconut cake?
Almond coconut cake’s texture varies based on the recipe. For instance, the healthy version boasts a moist and rustic quality, whereas the ridiculously easy variant offers an incredibly tender, moist crumb.
What is the flavor of almond coconut cake?
Almond coconut cake’s flavor varies by recipe. The healthy version features a subtle floral aroma from honey and a sweet almond flavor from almond extract. Meanwhile, the Raffaello cake (coconut almond cake) leans towards a coconut-centric taste.
Almond Coconut Mango Cake Recipe
- 150g / 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs (55-60g/2oz each), at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal (ground almond, Note 1)
- 1/4 tsp cooking/kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- To begin, preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan) and prepare a 20cm round cake pan by greasing it with butter and lining it with paper.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter, and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Combine egg, vanilla, and sugar with the wet ingredients by whisking.
- Mix almond meal, salt, baking powder, coconut, and lemon zest into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then add almonds and bake for another 40 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack.
- Allow it to cool for at least an hour before cutting into delectable slices. It's so moist and flavorful that you can savor it without any need for cream or additional toppings!