Looking for a delightful dessert? Try the Almond Cranberry Orange Blossom Cake Recipe! It’s a flavorful treat that’s bound to impress on any occasion.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, there are plenty of recipes available to help you make this moreish cake. From vegan versions to gluten-free options, there’s a recipe out there for everyone. So why not give it a try and see for yourself why this cake is such a hit?
Key Almond Cranberry Orange Blossom Cake Ingredients & Why
Almond flour forms the gluten-free, nutty base.
Eggs bind and structure the cake.
Sugar sweetens the mix.
A pinch of salt enhances other flavors.
Orange zest adds citrusy aroma.
Fresh cranberries bring tartness and color.
Orange blossom water
Orange blossom water infuses sweetness and fragrance.
Almond extract reinforces the nutty note.
Sliced almonds garnish the top.
How Do You Make The Best Almond Cranberry Orange Blossom Cake?
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving overhang on long sides for easy loaf release.
- Combine sugar and orange zest in a large bowl, then massage to release the orange oil.
- To achieve the perfect texture, simply combine two eggs and almond extract, then whisk for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Mix olive oil, orange juice, and yogurt for a well-blended result.
- Sift almond flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Gently fold these dry ingredients into the wet mixture, ensuring not to overmix the batter.
- Quickly transfer the batter to your greased loaf pan for baking.
- Bake on the middle rack for 40 minutes until golden, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes.
- Quickly poke cake top, drizzle syrup, and sprinkle sliced almonds for a delightful treat.
- Use the parchment overhang to lift the loaf onto a rack, remove the parchment, and let the cake cool. Store it airtight and enjoy within 2-3 days.
Pro Tips For Making Almond Cranberry Orange Blossom Cake Recipe
- Ensure room temperature ingredients: Butter, eggs, and sour cream should all be at room temperature for cake preparation.
- Blend orange zest with sugar before incorporating it into the mix, ensuring even distribution of the orange flavor throughout the cake.
- Opt for fresh or frozen cranberries to enhance moisture and flavor. Use them as a topping or mix into the batter.
- Enhance the cake’s nutty flavor and moist texture by adding almond flour to the dry ingredients.
- Elevate the almond flavor with almond extract or almond essence.
- For a vegan version, replace eggs with flax eggs or applesauce.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for a minimum of 10 minutes in the pan to prevent breakage.
- Serve with a glaze or frosting made from orange juice, powdered sugar, and almond extract.
How to Store Almond Cranberry Orange Blossom Cake
- Keep the cake fresh and odor-free by storing it in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate the cake for extended freshness.
- For short-term storage (2-3 days), use an airtight container at room temperature.
- Freeze the cake once it’s fully cooled by double-wrapping in clingfilm and foil; it’ll last up to 3 months. To thaw, remove the wrapping and place it in an airtight container, leaving it in a cool spot overnight.
Can You Freeze Almond Cranberry Orange Blossom Cake?
Easily freeze almond cranberry orange blossom cake by cooling, slicing, and sealing in an airtight container for a 3-month shelf life. For serving, thaw at room temperature for a few hours or refrigerate overnight. Alternatively, preserve the whole cake by tightly wrapping it in plastic and storing it in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw by unwrapping and placing in an airtight container in a cool spot overnight.
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Cranberry Orange Blossom Cake
What is almond cranberry orange blossom cake?
Craft a delectable almond cranberry orange blossom cake with various preparation options, from quick skillet cakes to elaborate layered creations.
What are the key ingredients in almond cranberry orange blossom cake?
Almond cranberry orange blossom cake recipes may vary, but they usually include flour, sugar, salt, cranberries, almonds, butter, eggs, and almond extract. Some recipes also incorporate orange blossom extract or orange zest for added flavor.
How do you make almond cranberry orange blossom cake?
Creating almond cranberry orange blossom cake varies by recipe. Typically, combine dry ingredients, incorporate wet ones, gently fold in cranberries and almonds, and bake until a toothpick emerges clean from the center.
Can almond cranberry orange blossom cake be made ahead of time?
Prepare your almond cranberry orange blossom cake ahead of time. Store it at room temperature for 2 days or in the fridge for 5 days. Alternatively, freeze it for up to 2 months.
Almond Cranberry Orange Blossom Cake Recipe
Almond Orange Blossom Cake
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1&1/2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup All- Purpose Flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
Orange Blossom Water Syrup
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsps orange blossom water
- To prepare, preheat your oven to 350°F and grease and line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave an overhang on the long sides. This step ensures a smooth and easy loaf release.
- In a spacious bowl, mix sugar with orange zest, using your clean fingers to massage and release the orange oil.
- Begin by adding two eggs and almond extract, then whisk the mixture for 30 seconds to 1 minute to achieve the desired consistency.
- Combine olive oil, orange juice, and yogurt, ensuring a thorough mix.
- In another bowl, sift almond flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Blend these dry ingredients into the wet mixture until well combined, taking care not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan for a smooth baking experience.
- Position the pan on the middle rack and bake for approximately 40 minutes until it turns golden, springs back when lightly touched, and a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for approximately 10 minutes, ensuring it's just the right temperature.
- Begin by poking holes in the cake's top, then generously pour syrup and sprinkle sliced almonds.
- Lift the loaf out of the pan using the parchment overhang, place it on a rack, and peel away the parchment for easy removal.