Are you prepared for a delightful almond coconut lime cake that offers a tropical spin on a traditional dessert? This cake combines the flavors of nutty almond, sweet coconut, and tangy lime, promising to transport your taste buds to a sunny beach.
Whether you’re looking for an easy dessert to whip up for a special occasion or just want to treat yourself to something sweet, this cake is sure to impress. Check out these recipes for almond coconut lime cake and get ready to indulge in a slice of paradise!
Key Almond Coconut Lime Cake Ingredients & Why
Eggs play a crucial role in cake recipes, like almond coconut lime cake, lending structure, moisture, and richness.
Lime is the star of this cake, delivering a zesty, refreshing flavor through its juice and zest.
Ground almonds enhance the cake’s texture and flavor while adding moisture and richness.
Coconut also takes center stage, infusing the cake with a delightful, nutty sweetness, thanks to shredded coconut.
How Do You Make The Best Almond Coconut Lime Cake?
- Begin by preheating the oven to 180°C (350F) and lining a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper.
- Cream together 225g of butter and 225g of caster sugar for a soft, fluffy result.
- Gradually add the eggs, one at a time, totaling 4.
- Mix 175g Self Raising Flour, 40g Desiccated Coconut, and 25g Ground Almonds until well blended.
- Enhance flavor with stirred-in lime zest.
- Spoon cake batter into the tin, bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, and begin checking after 1 hour.
- Mix the drizzle ingredients, pour them over the hot cake, and wait for it to cool down before slicing.
Pro Tips For Making Almond Coconut Lime Cake Recipe
- Almond flour, finely ground blanched almonds, lends a nutty flavor and moist texture while being gluten-free, ideal for gluten-sensitive individuals.
- Coconut introduces a tropical essence and chewy consistency to the cake, whether using sweetened, unsweetened shredded, or desiccated coconut.
- Lime zest and juice infuse a zesty, refreshing taste into the cake, with the option to adjust the intensity by using one or two limes.
- Some recipes blend almond flour and all-purpose flour to balance cake texture and flavor: all-purpose flour for structure and stability, almond flour for moisture and taste.
- Opt for a bundt pan to sculpt the cake beautifully and ensure even baking; grease it thoroughly with butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Elevate the cake’s appeal with a lime glaze made from powdered sugar and lime juice for a sweet, tangy finish. Toasted coconut adds a satisfying crunch and nutty note. For added vibrancy, adorn the cake with lime slices or zest.
- Allow the Almond Coconut Lime Cake to cool completely before slicing, enhancing both its structural integrity and flavor development.
How to Store Almond Coconut Lime Cake
- For short-term storage (2-3 days), keep the cake in an airtight container at room temperature or wrap it tightly in plastic.
- To extend shelf life, refrigerate the cake, but beware of drying it out. Ensure freshness by double-wrapping it in plastic and sealing it in an airtight container. For added moisture, brush the cake with a simple syrup made from powdered sugar, apple (or orange) juice, vanilla, and a touch of almond extract.
- For long-term storage (up to 3 months), freeze the cake by wrapping it in plastic and placing it in an airtight container.
Can You Freeze Almond Coconut Lime Cake?
Freezing almond coconut lime cake is possible for up to 2-3 months. Simply store it in a shallow container in the freezer, and when you’re ready to enjoy it, thaw it at room temperature or gently warm it in the oven at a lower temperature if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Coconut Lime Cake
What is Almond Coconut Lime Cake?
Almond Coconut Lime Cake is a delicious dessert that combines the flavors of almond, coconut, and lime. It typically consists of a moist almond and coconut-flavored cake with a zesty lime glaze or frosting.
How do I store Almond Coconut Lime Cake?
To keep your cake fresh, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. If you need to store it for a longer period, refrigerate it for up to a week. You can also freeze it for several months by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the cake a day in advance and store it covered until you’re ready to serve. This can help enhance the flavors as they meld together over time.
Is this cake suitable for special occasions or celebrations?
Absolutely! Almond Coconut Lime Cake is a delightful dessert for birthdays, weddings, summer parties, or any special occasion. Its unique flavor combination makes it a standout treat.
Almond Coconut Lime Cake Recipe
Metric - US Customary
- 225 g Butter softened
- 225 g Caster Sugar
- 175 g Self Raising Flour
- 40 g Desiccated Coconut
- 25 g Ground Almonds
- 3 Limes zest of
For the lime drizzle
- 60 g Caster Sugar
- 2 Limes juice of
- To get started, preheat your oven to 180°C (160 fan/350F/Gas 4) and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper.
- Achieve a soft, fluffy texture by creaming 225g of butter with 225g of caster sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time. 4 eggs.
- Fold in the flour, desiccated coconut, and ground almonds until fully combined.
- Stir in the lime zest for enhanced flavor.
- Carefully transfer the cake mixture into the tin, then bake it in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, with initial checks after 1 hour.
- Combine the drizzle ingredients, then generously pour the mixture over the piping-hot cake. Be patient, letting it cool before you start slicing.