Want a tasty, fuss-free cake recipe that’ll wow your guests? Try the almond blueberry cake! Loaded with juicy blueberries and the nutty goodness of almonds, it’s perfect for any occasion.
Be it brunch, tea time, or a sweet craving, this cake delivers. Plus, there’s an almond blueberry cake recipe for every palate, from simple to gluten-free. Time to don that apron and get baking!
Key Almond Blueberry Cake Ingredients & Why
Almond flour vs. almond meal
Almond flour is a gluten-free, moisture-boosting alternative to wheat flour, while almond meal is lower in carbs and packed with protein, fiber, manganese, and vitamin E.
Meet the stars of our cake
Blueberries! They deliver bursts of sweetness and vibrant color, all while bringing a healthy dose of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to the mix.
The binding and moisture champions of our cake, contributing to its structure and richness.
Sweetening the deal
Sugar adds sweetness and tenderness. Whether it’s granulated sugar or maple syrup, it’s your call.
Butter or oil keeps our cake moist and crumbly. We often use melted unsalted butter or canola oil in our blueberry almond cake recipes.
Rise and shine
Baking powder makes our cake light and fluffy, ensuring the perfect texture.
Salt enhances flavors and balances sweetness, a must for a well-rounded taste.
Elevate the cake’s taste with pure almond extract, vanilla extract, and a touch of lemon juice for added depth and complexity.
How Do You Make The Best Almond Blueberry Cake?
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) for baking.
- Spray a 10” (25 cm) deep dish, removable bottom, fluted tart pan with baking spray. Set aside. (you can also use a regular cake pan, or turn this into muffins too)
- Combine melted butter, canola oil, and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well. Then, whisk in eggs, almond extract, and water for a complete blend.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Gently stir this mixture into the wet ingredients and add blueberries, incorporating them gently.
- Simply pour the batter into the pan, sprinkle raw almonds on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until it’s golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from tin, place on cake stand, and dust with powdered sugar.
Pro Tips For Making Almond Blueberry Cake Recipe
- Allow butter and eggs to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before starting for smoother mixing.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet until just combined to avoid a tough cake.
- Opt for fresh blueberries for better texture and flavor.
- Enhance your cake with sliced almonds for added crunch and an elegant finish.
- Boost health and nutty notes by swapping all-purpose flour with whole grain flour.
- Sweeten to taste by increasing sugar or honey if you desire a sweeter cake.
- Elevate your indulgence with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to complement almond and blueberry flavors.
How to Store Almond Blueberry Cake
- Keep any extra cake well-wrapped for 2-3 days at room temperature, or up to 4 days when covered or in a container.
- For next-day service, refrigerate the cake. It can also be refrigerated, tightly wrapped in cling film, for up to a week.
- Freeze almond blueberry cake for up to 6 months. Wrap it in plastic and aluminum foil. When ready to enjoy, thaw on the counter for 10-15 minutes.
Can You Freeze Almond Blueberry Cake?
You can freeze almond blueberry cake for 1-2 months. Start by wrapping the cooled cake in layers of plastic wrap, followed by aluminum foil.
When it’s time to enjoy, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator or let it sit on the counter for 10-15 minutes. Reheat by microwaving slices or warming the entire cake on a baking sheet in the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Blueberry Cake
Can I freeze almond blueberry cake?
Almond blueberry cake can be frozen with excellent results, as recommended by The Slow Roasted Italian.
What is the best pan to use for almond blueberry cake?
Achieve the perfect blueberry almond cake with any 9-inch square pan.
Is almond blueberry cake dairy-free?
Indulge guilt-free in Mia Kouppa’s dairy-free blueberry almond cake.
What type of flour is used in blueberry almond tea cake?
In crafting their blueberry almond tea cake, A Beautiful Plate proudly employs whole grain flour.
Almond Blueberry Cake Recipe
- ¾ cup (180ml) of melted unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 ½ (7.5 ml) teaspoon pure almond extract
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 ½ cups (180 g) flour
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 6 oz (170 g) fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup (50 g) raw sliced almonds
- 1-2 tablespoon (13 g) of powdered sugar for garnish
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F (176°C) degrees.
- Prepare a 10" deep dish tart pan with baking spray; you can also use a regular cake pan or make muffins.
- In a spacious bowl, blend melted butter, canola oil, and sugar until well combined. Next, use a wire whisk to incorporate the eggs until fully mixed. Finally, add almond extract and water, stirring thoroughly.
- Start by combining flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Then, introduce this mixture into the wet ingredients and gently stir it in. Finally, incorporate the blueberries with a gentle stir.
- Gently pour the batter into the prepared pan, then generously sprinkle raw almonds on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes until it turns a beautiful golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the tin, then set it on a cake stand before dusting it with powdered sugar.