Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert? Check out the Almond Ginger Cake Recipe! This recipe offers a perfect blend of nutty and spicy flavors, making it a delightful treat for any occasion. Whether you crave a quick morning snack or an elegant dinner party dessert, this Almond Ginger Cake Recipe has you covered.
Key Almond Ginger Cake Ingredients & Why
Almond paste or flour
essential for their nutty flavor and moisture in almond ginger cake.
either ground or fresh, infuses a warm, slightly spicy note into the recipe.
the base for the cake batter in most recipes.
the secret to a light and fluffy cake rise.
for flavor enhancement and sweetness balance.
adding warmth and sweetness to the cake.
In some recipes, for moisture and tangy goodness.
for richness and flavor infusion.
Honey or molasses
For sweetness and depth.
binding and structural support for your cake.
How Do You Make The Best Almond Ginger Cake?
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Next, grease a 9-inch (23 cm) springform cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Your preparations are complete.
- To make this recipe, start by creaming together butter and ⅔ cup (150 ml) sugar in a large bowl with a high-speed electric mixer for about 4 minutes until it’s light and fluffy. Then, add eggs, sour cream, milk, vanilla, and almond extract, and mix for 1 more minute before setting aside.
- Mix flour, almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to eggs, blend well, and gently fold in candied ginger and 1 cup (250 ml) cranberries.
- Simply pour the batter into the cake pan, bake for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean, and then let it cool completely.
- To sweeten, place the last 1 tbsp (15 ml) of sugar in a small bowl. Add the remaining ½ cup (125 ml) of cranberries and coat them in sugar.
- Mix lemon juice, amaretto, and icing sugar in a small bowl for a thick glaze. After your cake cools, simply drizzle it with this glaze and add sugared cranberries and sliced almonds for the perfect finishing touch.
Pro Tips For Making Almond Ginger Cake Recipe
- Ensure all ingredients are at room temperature before starting for smoother mixing.
- When combining wet and dry ingredients, avoid overmixing to prevent a tough, dense cake; mix until just combined.
- Elevate flavor with high-quality almonds; toast them for added crunch.
- Opt for fresh ginger, finely grated, for even distribution and enhanced taste.
- Prevent dryness and toughness by checking the cake’s doneness with a clean toothpick during baking.
- Enjoy the cake warm or at room temperature, plain or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
How to Store Almond Ginger Cake
- Let the cake cool completely before storing.
- Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it moist.
- Place the wrapped cake in an airtight container or sealed polythene box.
- Alternatively, for picnics, slice and wrap each piece in baking paper and cling film. Store these slices in an airtight container.
- To extend storage, freeze the cake (or portions). Wrap each layer in plastic, then aluminum foil, and store in a zip-top freezer bag.
Can You Freeze Almond Ginger Cake?
Almond ginger cake, like many others, can be frozen once fully cooled. These flavorful cakes, such as ginger cake or gingerbread cake, maintain their quality when wrapped as instructed in the article. To freeze, wrap in plastic or foil, and place in a sealed container for storage, lasting up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Ginger Cake
What is almond ginger cake?
Experience the perfect blend of nutty richness from almond flour and a spicy kick of ginger in our almond ginger cake.
Is almond ginger cake gluten-free?
The gluten content of almond ginger cake recipes varies. For instance, Meaningful Eats offers a gluten-free gingerbread cake recipe using almond flour.
Can almond ginger cake be made vegan?
Rainbow Plant Life offers a vegan twist on almond ginger cake with their Fluffy Vegan Gingerbread Cake recipe.
What are some common variations of almond ginger cake?
Elevate your almond ginger cake by incorporating delightful variations such as chocolate icing, rich cocoa powder, or a blend of seasonal spices like cinnamon, ground cloves, and nutmeg.
Almond Ginger Cake Recipe
- ½ tsp butter, for greasing
- 8 (about 600g) clementines, whole and unpeeled
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 200 g caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 300 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F (180°C). Then, prepare a 9-inch (23 cm) springform cake pan by greasing it and lining the bottom with parchment paper. Set this aside.
- Begin by creaming together butter and ⅔ cup (150 ml) sugar in a large bowl using a high-speed electric mixer. This process should take approximately 4 minutes and should result in a light and fluffy texture. Once achieved, proceed to add the eggs, sour cream, milk, vanilla, and almond extract. Ensure these ingredients are thoroughly incorporated by mixing for an additional minute before setting the mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Combine these dry ingredients with the egg mixture, stirring until well mixed. Finally, gently fold in candied ginger and 1 cup (250 ml) of cranberries.
- Gently pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake it for 35 to 45 minutes. You'll know it's ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Afterward, allow it to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, place the final 1 tbsp (15 ml) of sugar. Then, add the remaining ½ cup (125 ml) of cranberries and roll them in sugar for a sweet coating.
- In a separate small bowl, blend lemon juice, amaretto, and icing sugar until it forms a thick glaze. Once your cake has cooled, generously drizzle this mixture over it, and finish by decorating with sugared cranberries and sliced almonds.