Looking for a delectable dessert that perfectly blends the flavors of almond, banana, and chocolate? Your answer: almond banana chocolate cake! It’s a rich, fudgy treat with a delightfully fluffy crumb, sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Whether you’re looking for a gluten-free, paleo-friendly option or a keto cake recipe, there are plenty of variations to choose from.So why not try making this cake for your next special occasion or just as a treat for yourself?
Key Almond Banana Chocolate Cake Ingredients & Why
Ripe bananas offer natural sweetness and moisture.
a gluten-free alternative, imparts a nutty flavor and texture.
Eggs bind ingredients and provide structure.
Opt for honey or maple syrup for natural sweetness, no refined sugar.
A healthier choice than butter or vegetable oil, adds moisture.
Vanilla extract enhances flavor and complements banana sweetness.
Cocoa powder for a rich, chocolatey taste.
Add chocolate chips for extra chocolate flavor and texture.
Baking powder lifts the cake.
Salt balances sweetness and enhances other flavors.
How Do You Make The Best Almond Banana Chocolate Cake?
To begin, preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 9″ round cake tin (refer to notes for alternatives).
Mash bananas in a bowl, add eggs and vanilla, and whisk for a smooth mixture. Use a balloon whisk or a fork.
Mix in the oil and honey, whisk to achieve a smooth consistency.
Combine ground almonds, sifted flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Fold gently for a smooth, slightly runny batter.
Bake for 40-45 mins. Check at 35 mins due to oven differences; toothpick should have few moist crumbs when inserted in the center.
Let the cake cool completely; it may sink while cooling. Then, slice and enjoy it warm with ice cream or whipped cream for added sweetness. Store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week. Happy baking!
Pro Tips For Making Almond Banana Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Use overripe, soft bananas for a sweeter, moister, and tastier cake.
- Ensure cake success by following the recipe and using precise ingredients.
- Almond flour: a gluten-free, nutty twist for your cake.
- Boost the chocolaty goodness with 3/4-1 cup chocolate chips in the batter; save 1/4 cup for a pre-bake sprinkle.
- Elevate your cake with chopped walnuts or pecans if you adore nuts and bananas.
- Sweeten modestly with just 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup.
- Enhance sweetness with a touch of vanilla and almond extract.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 356°F.
- Test cake doneness by inserting a toothpick or cake tester; it should come out clean.
- Cool on the counter for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cake plate and allow it to reach room temperature.
- This versatile cake pairs perfectly with seasonal toppings; try berries, pomegranate seeds, or fresh mint for a delightful twist.
How to Store Almond Banana Chocolate Cake
- Cool the cake completely before storing.
- Wrap it tightly in plastic or aluminum foil to keep it moist.
- Store it in an airtight container or resealable bag.
- Refrigerate for up to 3-5 days.
- For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months. Wrap it in plastic and aluminum foil before freezing. To thaw, leave it at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Can You Freeze Almond Banana Chocolate Cake?
After letting it cool completely, preserve your almond banana chocolate cake by tightly wrapping it in plastic wrap and foil or storing individual slices in a container. Your cake will stay delicious for up to 6 months in the freezer. To enjoy, simply thaw at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Banana Chocolate Cake
Is almond banana chocolate cake gluten-free?
Indeed, the cake is naturally gluten-free.
Is the cake vegan?
While not initially vegan, there’s potential to transform it. Feel free to leave a comment if you give it a shot and achieve a vegan version.
Is the cake sweetened with sugar?
One recipe sweetens the cake naturally with bananas, while the other opts for maple syrup.
Is the cake made with almond flour?
Almond flour is a key ingredient in recipes like Almond Flour Chocolate Cake and Almond Cake.
Almond Banana Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 very ripe medium bananas (see notes)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Sliced almonds to decorate, optional
- Start by preheating the oven to 180°C and then proceed to grease a 9" round cake tin (check notes for alternatives).
- Start by mashing bananas in a mixing bowl, then incorporate eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well combined, using a balloon whisk or a fork for best results.
- Whisk until smooth after adding the oil and honey.
- Begin by incorporating ground almonds, then carefully sift in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Fold gently until you achieve a smooth, slightly runny batter.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top, then pour into prepared tin. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Check at 35 minutes due to oven variations and thin cake.
- Ensure the cake cools almost completely; it may sink as it cools. Once cooled, slice it and serve it warm. Enhance the experience with ice cream or whipped cream for extra sweetness. You can store it in the fridge in an airtight container for approximately a week. Happy baking!