Looking for a standout cake recipe to amaze your loved ones? Search no more, as the Avocado Lime Coconut Cake Recipe offers a tropical delight with its creamy avocado, zesty lime, and sweet coconut flavors. Whether you’re vegan or not, it’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
Key Avocado Lime Coconut Cake Ingredients & Why
Flour gives cake structure and texture, typically 1-3 cups in recipes.
Sugar sweetens and tenderizes cakes, usually 1/2-2 cups in recipes.
Baking soda a leavening agent, reacts with acidity, like lime juice, making cakes rise and become fluffy.
Coconut in various forms (shredded, milk, or oil), adds flavor and texture.
Avocado adds moisture, richness, and a subtle flavor to avocado lime coconut cake recipes.
Lime provides a tangy balance to sweetness in the cake, used in batter, frosting, or glaze.
How Do You Make The Best Avocado Lime Coconut Cake?
- Grease a 9-10 inch (23-26 cm) cake pan with coconut oil and set it aside for use.
- Process soaked nuts until roughly chopped. Then, pulse them with dates, shredded coconut, and salt until you achieve a sticky mixture, all while preserving a touch of crunchiness for the base.
- Press the base mix firmly into the cake pan with your hands to make it compact, then set it aside.
- Blend avocado flesh and coconut yogurt for a smooth filling. Add maple syrup (or honey), coconut oil, lime juice, and lime zest for creaminess.
- Pour, freeze, and set: 1-2 hours for a perfect cake.
- Thaw the tart for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Pro Tips For Making Avocado Lime Coconut Cake Recipe
- Opt for ripe avocados: Choose ripe, not overripe avocados—soft to touch, not mushy.
- Enhance with fresh lime: Elevate your cake with fresh lime juice and zest for a vibrant, zesty flavor. Use pre-squeezed if fresh limes aren’t available.
- Pre-soak nuts: Prior to use, soak nuts for at least 8 hours for easier blending and a smoother cake texture.
- Quality coconut matters: Select unsweetened, additive-free shredded coconut for a pure coconut essence in your cake.
- Chill before serving: After assembly, refrigerate the cake for at least an hour to set and ease slicing.
- Get creative with toppings: Elevate your avocado lime coconut cake with various toppings like raspberry jam, lime buttercream, or avocado ganache. Explore to find your favorite combo!
How to Store Avocado Lime Coconut Cake
- Cool the cake completely before storing.
- Seal it in an airtight container to maintain moisture and prevent odors.
- Keep the cake at room temperature for up to a day, or refrigerate for extended storage.
- For refrigeration, let the cake return to room temperature for 1-2 hours before serving.
Can You Freeze Avocado Lime Coconut Cake?
Achieve a perfectly frozen avocado lime coconut cake by following these steps: Freeze it until fully solid, then store it in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to a month. For added flair, garnish with raspberries or fruit coulis, and enjoy its freshness in the fridge for a couple of days.
Frequently Asked Questions About Avocado Lime Coconut Cake
What is avocado lime cake?
Enjoy our vegan Avocado Lime Cake—a perfect fusion of avocado, lime, and coconut flavors. Delicately adorned with avocado ganache, raspberry jam, and lime buttercream for a delightful treat.
How is avocado lime cake made?
Crafting an avocado lime cake is a delightful process. Begin by blending avocado, zesty lime juice, and creamy coconut milk into a smooth batter. Then, let it transform in the oven into a delectable cake, ready to be adorned with tantalizing toppings like avocado ganache, sweet raspberry jam, and zesty lime buttercream.
Is avocado lime cake healthy?
Indulge in a guilt-free treat with avocado lime cake made from whole food ingredients and natural sweeteners. Plus, discover recipes that cater to various dietary needs, such as vegan, gluten-free, and paleo options. Remember, even healthy desserts should be part of a balanced diet in moderation.
Avocado Lime Coconut Cake Recipe
For the base:
- 150g nuts (I used almonds), soaked for at least 8 hours
- 150g soft dates
- 5 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 pinch of salt
For the filling:
- The flesh of 3 ripe avocados
- 250g coconut yogurt
- 50ml maple syrup or honey (if not vegan)
- 1 1/5 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 60ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- Zest of 1 natural lime
- Prepare your cake pan by greasing it with coconut oil. It should be 9-10 inches (23-26 cm) in size. Set it aside for later.
- Begin by roughly chopping soaked nuts in a food processor. Next, add dates, shredded coconut, and salt, and pulse until the mixture is thoroughly combined and achieves a sticky consistency. It's essential to retain a slightly crunchy texture for the base.
- Firmly press the base mix into the cake pan using your hands, ensuring it's compact, and then set it aside.
- To prepare the filling, start by blending together the avocado flesh and coconut yogurt in a food processor until you achieve a smooth consistency. Next, incorporate maple syrup (or honey), coconut oil, lime juice, and lime zest into the mixture until it becomes completely creamy.
- Gently pour the mixture onto the base, then carefully place the cake in the freezer to set for approximately 1-2 hours.
- Allow the tart to thaw for 15-20 minutes before serving.