Vodka, cream, orange liqueur, milk, and simple syrup are the ingredients in the cocktail known as the Creamsicle. It is a creamy, sweet beverage that can be consumed as a shot or as an ice cream float made with orange soda.
Orange Creamsicle Cake Recipe
- 15 oz can of mandarin oranges (do not drain)
- 3.5 oz package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, for a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, substituting vanilla almondmilk (or regular milk) for the water and adding the orange zest. (Your exact measurements may vary slightly depending on the brand of cake mix you use.)
- Bake using package directions. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for approximately 10 minutes.
- Use a skewer to poke holes in the top of the cake.
- Place orange JELLO mix in a heat proof bowl and slowly add boiling water. Whisk until the JELLO has completely dissolved.
- Stir in fresh orange juice.
- Carefully and slowly pour JELLO mixture over the top of the cake. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Mandarin Orange Frosting
- Beat mandarins and pudding mix together until combined.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip or whipped cream until incorporated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Sodium: 198mg
- Potassium: 65mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 18g
- Vitamin A: 175IU
- Vitamin C: 6.8mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
Adding this simple Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake to all of your summer gatherings is a great idea! No one will be able to resist this delicious orange-flavored vanilla cake with a fluffy vanilla and orange icing on top. This is one of our favorite side dishes to serve with grilled chicken made with our 5-star chicken marinade and my renowned broccoli salad.