A poke cake is a cake that is poked with holes and then filled with a sweet filling. In this recipe, we will be making a Coconut Poke Cake that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. The creamy coconut filling, combined with the soft, fluffy cake, creates a delicious and satisfying dessert.
What You Need To Make Coconut Poke Cake Recipe
- cake mix
- condensed milk
- whipped topping
How To Make Coconut Poke Cake
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping
- 1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
- The first step to making a delicious white coconut cake is to prepare the cake mix. Begin by following the package instructions for baking a 9x13-inch dish of white cake mix. Once the cake is done baking, let it cool for a few minutes before moving on to the next step.
- While the cake is still hot, use a utility fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake. This will allow the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk to seep into the cake and make it even more delicious.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Once the mixture is well combined, pour it over the top of the hot cake. This will give the cake a delicious flavor and texture.
- Let the cake cool completely before moving on to the next step. This will give the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk time to soak into the cake and make it even more delicious.
Pro Tips for Making Coconut Poke Cake
Coconut poke cake is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat for a family gathering, or a sweet surprise for your loved one, this cake is sure to impress. Here are some pro tips to help you make the perfect coconut poke cake.
- Choose the Right Coconut Milk
The type of coconut milk you use can greatly affect the taste and texture of your cake. It’s important to choose a full-fat coconut milk that is creamy and rich, as this will give your cake a smooth and velvety texture. Avoid using light coconut milk, as this will result in a dry and bland cake.
- Sweeten it Just Right
To get the perfect balance of sweet and coconutty, it’s important to use the right amount of sweetener. The amount of sweetener you use will depend on your personal preference, but it’s recommended to start with 1 cup of sugar and adjust from there. You can also use other sweeteners such as honey or agave nectar, but keep in mind that this will change the taste of your cake.
- Use Fresh Coconut
To get the best flavor and texture, it’s important to use fresh coconut in your cake. You can use shredded or flaked coconut, but make sure it’s unsweetened and unsulfured. If you can’t find fresh coconut, you can use dried coconut, but be aware that this will change the flavor and texture of your cake.
- Don’t Overmix
When mixing your cake batter, it’s important to not overmix. Overmixing can result in a dense and tough cake, so be sure to mix just until the ingredients are combined. This will help keep your cake light and fluffy.
- Use a 9×13 Baking Dish
For the best results, it’s recommended to use a 9×13 baking dish. This size is perfect for this type of cake and will ensure even baking. If you don’t have a 9×13 dish, you can use a different size, but keep in mind that this will affect the baking time and result in a different texture.
- Make the Perfect Poke Holes
The key to a good poke cake is the poke holes. To make the perfect holes, use the handle of a wooden spoon or a chopstick. Make sure to poke the holes all the way to the bottom of the cake and space them evenly throughout the cake.
This Coconut Poke Cake is a sweet and creamy dessert that is sure to please everyone. With its moist and tender cake, rich and flavorful milk mixture, and irresistible coconut topping, this cake is sure to become a new favorite. So why wait? Get in the kitchen and start baking today!
You May Also Like