Looking for a mouthwatering dessert? Try this Banana Caramel Cupcakes recipe! These cupcakes are moist, fluffy, and come with a delectable banana caramel sauce. They’re finished with sweet banana frosting and a caramel drizzle, making them the perfect treat for any occasion.
Whether you’re a fan of classic flavors or looking for something new, there’s a banana caramel cupcake recipe out there for you. Check out some of the mouth-watering recipes below and get ready to indulge in this irresistible treat!
Key Banana Caramel Cupcakes Ingredients & Why
Overripe bananas create moist, fluffy cupcakes with a delightful banana taste. The quantity varies by recipe.
It’s used for cupcake filling and frosting flavor, with some recipes featuring banana caramel sauce.
All-purpose flour provides structural support in most recipes.
Granulated or brown sugar adds sweetness and flavor, depending on the recipe.
Unsalted butter is key for cupcake and frosting preparation.
Large eggs bind ingredients and enhance moisture.
Baking Powder and Baking Soda
These leavening agents lift and fluff up the cupcakes.
These liquids moisten the cupcakes and activate leavening agents.
A pinch of salt balances cupcake sweetness.
Adds flavor to both cupcakes and frosting.
Commonly used for frosting, often flavored with caramel sauce.
Toffee Bits or Banana Chips
Optional toppings for added crunch and flavor.
How Do You Make The Best Banana Caramel Cupcakes?
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with cases.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, add sugar, then mix in butter, vanilla, yogurt, and mashed banana. Blend well and fold in the dry ingredients.
- Fill muffin cases 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Core the cooled cupcakes with a cupcake corer or knife and fill with banana caramel sauce.
Pro Tips For Making Banana Caramel Cupcakes Recipe
- Use ripe bananas for extra sweetness and a robust banana flavor in these cupcakes. Ensure thorough mashing before adding to the batter.
- Prepare the caramel sauce in advance, chilling it for a few hours in the refrigerator. This ensures easier handling and prevents quick melting.
- Avoid overmixing the batter for tender, fluffy cupcakes. Mix until just combined for a thick batter.
- Opt for room temperature ingredients like eggs, butter, and sour cream for a smoother batter.
- Achieve proper cupcake rise without overflow.
- Garnish with banana slices or chips just before serving to maintain their crispness.
- Elevate flavor with homemade caramel sauce using brown sugar, butter, and heavy cream.
- Chill cupcakes for 20 minutes before frosting for easier application and prevention of melting.
- Add extra decadence by drizzling frosted cupcakes with more caramel sauce before serving.
How to Store Banana Caramel Cupcakes
- Let cupcakes cool completely before storing.
- Use an airtight container for cupcakes.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- For frosted cupcakes, store in a single layer to avoid sticking.
- To freeze, use an airtight container and freeze for 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Can You Freeze Banana Caramel Cupcakes?
Freeze banana caramel cupcakes for 3 months max, frosted or not. Cool them first and securely store in a zip-top freezer bag. Thaw at room temperature before frosting. For frosted ones, follow a shorter, 1-month freeze, with a preliminary partial freeze for better frosting preservation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Banana Caramel Cupcakes
What do banana caramel cupcakes taste like?
Savor the fusion of banana cake’s fruity sweetness, sumptuous caramel frosting, and an extra layer of sweetness and richness from caramel sauce or filling.
How do I make banana caramel cupcakes?
Online, you’ll uncover a variety of banana caramel cupcake recipes. They generally entail preparing banana cake batter, baking it in cupcake liners, and crafting a luscious caramel frosting or sauce, with some featuring an enticing caramel filling.
Can I make banana caramel cupcakes ahead of time?
You can make banana caramel cupcakes in advance. Keep the cupcakes at room temperature for 2 days or refrigerate them for up to 5 days. The frosting and caramel sauce can also be prepared ahead and refrigerated for 3 days. To serve, bring the frosting and sauce to room temperature and assemble the cupcakes.
Banana Caramel Cupcakes Recipe
For the Cupcakes
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) caster/granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) Greek-style yogurt
- 2 large bananas, peeled and mashed
For the Frosting
- 4 cups (500g) icing/powdered sugar
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (80g) homemade banana caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cases and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set this mixture aside.
- Whisk eggs, then add sugar, butter, vanilla, yogurt, and mashed banana. Blend until smooth, then fold in the dry ingredients.
- Evenly distribute the batter among the muffin cases, filling them 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool before filling and frosting.
- Use a cupcake corer or knife to scoop out cupcake centers, and fill with banana caramel sauce.