Indulge in the delicious Avocado Lime Cake, a unique dessert that blends the richness of avocado with the tanginess of lime. Whether you’re a vegan or not, you can explore various recipes, from a crunchy almond date base to a buttery cake with key lime buttercream. This healthy and flavorful dessert will leave you craving more.
Key Avocado Lime Cake Ingredients & Why
Elevating the cake with creamy texture and subtle flavor.
Infusing a tangy, refreshing essence while balancing avocado’s richness.
Essential for sweetness and a tender crumb.
The core dry ingredient, providing structure and texture.
Binding and moistening the mix.
Butter or shortening
Enhancing richness and flavor, sometimes swapped for a healthier twist with avocado.
Adding delightful flavor.
Key lime juice
Imparting tanginess to both cake and frosting.
Offering fruity notes and vibrant color.
Key lime buttercream frosting
Delivering a tangy, creamy zest with butter, powdered sugar, key lime juice, and vanilla extract.
How Do You Make The Best Avocado Lime Cake?
- Grease a 9-10 inch (23-26 cm) cake pan with coconut oil for preparation.
- Create the base by placing soaked nuts in a food processor. Roughly chop them, add dates, shredded coconut, and a pinch of salt. Pulse for a perfectly blended, slightly crunchy mixture.
- Press the base mix firmly into the cake pan with your hands to create a compact base, then set it aside.
- Make the filling: blend avocado and coconut yogurt until smooth. Add maple syrup (or honey), coconut oil, lime juice, and zest for a creamy mixture.
- Simply pour the mixture onto the base and let it set in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Optimize tart’s taste by thawing at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Pro Tips For Making Avocado Lime Cake Recipe
- Choose ripe avocados for optimal flavor and texture. Avoid overly firm ones that won’t blend smoothly.
- Enhance your cake’s taste with fresh lime juice and zest, steering clear of bottled lime juice for the best results.
- Achieve a creamy texture by thoroughly blending the avocado in a food processor or blender.
- Avoid a dense cake by not overmixing the batter; simply mix until ingredients are combined.
- Balance the richness of avocado with acidity. Consider adding a touch of lemon juice or vinegar to the batter.
- Get creative with toppings! Whipped cream, fresh berries, or a citrus glaze all complement avocado lime cake perfectly. Experiment to discover your favorite combination.
How to Store Avocado Lime Cake
- Cool the cake completely before storing.
- Seal it in an airtight container to keep it moist and odor-free.
- Keep the cake at room temperature for a day or refrigerate for extended freshness.
- Before serving, let the refrigerated cake sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours to enhance its taste and texture.
Can You Freeze Avocado Lime Cake?
- Yes, you can freeze avocado lime cake. Some recipes recommend freezing it for a few hours before serving. For instance, Frozen Avocado Cake suggests covering and freezing the pan.
- Freezing avocado lime cake is possible, and various recipes in the search results provide guidance. For instance, Frozen Avocado Cake recommends covering the pan and freezing for several hours. No Bake Avocado Lime Cheesecake suggests cutting the cake into pieces, freezing them on a sheet for 3-4 hours until solid, and transferring them to a freezer-friendly bag. Additionally, Frozen Avocado Cheesecake advises spreading the filling on the crust and freezing for at least 6 hours. Meanwhile, Avocado Lime Cheesecake suggests freezing the cheesecake until solid, which typically takes at least 2 hours.
- You can freeze avocado lime cake. Some recipes advise freezing it before serving. For example, Frozen Avocado Cake suggests covering and freezing the pan. No Bake Avocado Lime Cheesecake recommends cutting the cake into pieces, freezing on a sheet for 3-4 hours until solid, then transferring to a freezer-friendly bag. Meanwhile, Frozen Avocado Cheesecake suggests spreading the filling on the crust and freezing for at least 6 hours, and Avocado Lime Cheesecake recommends freezing until solid, typically taking at least 2 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions About Avocado Lime Cake
What is avocado lime cake?
Avocado lime cake A vegan, gluten-free dessert with avocado and lime.
How is avocado lime cake made?
Crafting avocado lime cake Blend avocado, lime juice, nuts, and dates; chill.
Is avocado lime cake healthy?
Often wholesome, watch for added sugars.
Keto-friendly avocado lime cake?
Use keto sweeteners, adjust ratios.
Avocado Lime Cake
- 150g nuts (I used almonds), soaked for at least 8 hours
- 150g soft dates
- 5 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 pinch of salt
- Prepare by greasing a 9-10 inch (23-26 cm) cake pan with coconut oil, then set it aside.
- Enhance Flow: To create the base, start by putting the soaked nuts in a food processor. Chop them roughly, and then add the dates, shredded coconut, and a pinch of salt. Pulse the ingredients until they blend perfectly, resulting in a sticky mixture with a delightful hint of crunchiness.
- Firmly press the base mix into the cake pan using your hands to create a compact base. Set it aside for now.
- To prepare the filling, start by blending the avocado flesh and coconut yogurt in a food processor until you achieve a smooth consistency. Then, incorporate the maple syrup (or honey), coconut oil, lime juice, and lime zest, ensuring that the mixture becomes completely creamy.
- Smoothly pour the mixture onto the base, then let the cake set in the freezer for approximately 1-2 hours.
- Allow the tart to thaw at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving for best results.