Looking for a new and exciting dessert? Look no further than the Avocado Key Lime Cake! Tired of the same old options? This unique dessert blends the creaminess of avocado with the tangy sweetness of key lime to create a flavor explosion in your mouth.
Whether you’re a vegan or just looking for a healthier dessert option, there’s an avocado key lime cake recipe out there for you. From raspberry filling to raw lime tarts, the possibilities are endless. So why not try something new and indulge in this delicious and healthy dessert?
Key Avocado Key Lime Cake Ingredients & Why
Avocado enhances heart-healthy cake, replacing butter and adding moisture.
Key Lime infuses a unique tartness into buttercream frosting for a perfect match with avocado.
Raspberry Filling offers fruity contrast to the rich avocado and tangy key lime.
Other Cake Ingredients
How Do You Make The Best Avocado Key Lime Cake?
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Cream butter and sugar. Mix in lime juice, zest, and avocado. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Stir in vanilla.
- First, sift dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then, add them to the wet mixture in two parts, stirring after each addition. Finally, mix in the buttermilk until it’s uniformly blended.
- Grease an 8”x4” loaf pan, line it with parchment paper, allowing for overhang. Pour the batter, smooth the top, and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a clean knife test. Halfway through baking, cover with foil to avoid over-browning.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour.
Pro Tips For Making Avocado Key Lime Cake Recipe
- Choose ripe avocados for optimal flavor and texture, avoiding brown ones.
- Elevate your cake’s taste with fresh lime.
- Precisely follow the recipe for the right ingredient balance and baking time.
- Perfect the key lime buttercream frosting by following the recipe for ideal consistency and flavor.
- Enhance the cake’s flavor with raspberry filling.
- After baking and frosting, adorn the cake with fresh lime slices, raspberries, or other fruits.
How to Store Avocado Key Lime Cake
- Let the cake cool fully before storing.
- Seal it in an airtight container to maintain moisture and freshness.
- Store the cake at room temperature.
Can You Freeze Avocado Key Lime Cake?
- Slice the cake.
- Securely wrap each slice in plastic or foil.
- Store wrapped slices in a freezer-safe container or bag.
- Label with date and cake type.
- Freeze for 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions About Avocado Key Lime Cake
What is avocado lime cake?
Experience a twist on tradition with our Avocado Lime Cake. We’ve swapped out some of the butter for fresh avocado, creating a moist and zesty treat.
How is avocado lime cake made?
Craft a delicious avocado lime cake by blending fresh avocado with flour, sugar, eggs, and zesty key lime juice. Bake until perfection is achieved.
Is avocado lime cake healthy?
Elevate your cake’s health quotient with avocado, a rich source of healthy fats, fiber, and vitamins, as it replaces traditional fats like butter or shortening.
How to store avocado lime cake?
To maintain freshness, store your avocado lime cake in an airtight container within the refrigerator. Enjoy it for up to 3-4 days.
Avocado Key Lime Cake Recipe
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and mashed
- zes of 1 lime, divided
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350˚F. In a large bowl, start by creaming together the butter and sugar. Then, incorporate the lime juice, zest, and mashed avocado. Gradually add the eggs one by one, ensuring you beat after each addition. Finally, don't forget to stir in the vanilla extract.
- Begin by sifting dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Next, add them to the wet mixture in two equal portions, stirring thoroughly after each addition. Finally, incorporate the buttermilk until the mixture achieves a consistent color.
- Pour batter into a greased 8”x4” loaf pan with parchment paper, overhanging slightly for easy removal. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a clean knife test.
- After allowing the cake to cool for 15 minutes in the pan, transfer it to a wire rack and let it cool completely for at least 1 hour.