Looking for a healthy and delicious dessert? Check out the Avocado Chocolate Pecan Cake recipe! It’s a guilt-free indulgence, being vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free, with rich chocolate, creamy avocado, and crunchy pecans.
Whether you’re looking for a dessert to impress your guests or just want to treat yourself, this cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. With so many variations to choose from, you can find the perfect recipe to suit your taste buds.
Key Avocado Chocolate Pecan Cake Ingredients & Why
The cake batter’s base in most recipes.
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Infuses chocolate flavor into the cake.
Baking powder and baking soda
Leavening agents for a rising cake.
Elevates the cake’s taste.
Adds moisture to the cake.
Bind and leaven the cake.
Gluten-free alternative to all-purpose flour.
Infuse chocolate flavor and texture.
Introduce nutty flavor and texture.
How Do You Make The Best Avocado Chocolate Pecan Cake?
- To make things simple, place chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals at 50% power, stirring until smooth. Then, set it aside for later use.
- Scoop avocado insides into a separate bowl and mash (approximately 2/3 cup). Stir in most of the melted chocolate, saving 3 tablespoons for drizzling later. Remember to cover the reserved chocolate with plastic wrap on the counter.
- Combine crushed pecans (save 2 tablespoons for topping), vanilla, and salt with the chocolate avocado mixture. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Mix cocoa and espresso powders in a small, shallow bowl for a well-blended result.
- After chilling, the truffle mix should easily form 1-inch balls. If not, chill it longer. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to shape the balls, coat them in cocoa mix, and place them on wax or parchment paper-covered sheet pan.
- For a delightful chocolate drizzle and pecan topping: Gently reheat reserved melted chocolate until it’s drizzly (avoid overheating). Drizzle it over your truffles using a spoon, and finish by generously sprinkling chopped pecans.
- Set the chocolate drizzle by refrigerating the sheet pan for 5-10 minutes. Then, store the truffles in the refrigerator in an airtight container until you’re ready to indulge!
Pro Tips For Making Avocado Chocolate Pecan Cake Recipe
- Opt for ripe avocados: Choose slightly soft, not mushy avocados for a smoother cake texture.
- Blend ingredients thoroughly: Use a food processor to combine avocado, eggs, almond milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract for a creamy batter.
- Add pecans for crunch: Chop and fold pecans into the batter to enhance the cake’s texture and nutty flavor.
- Use a non-stick pan or parchment: Prevent sticking by using a non-stick pan or lining it with parchment paper.
- Avoid overbaking: Check with a toothpick after 25-30 minutes; a clean toothpick means it’s done.
- Cool before frosting: Ensure the cake cools completely before applying chocolate avocado buttercream frosting to avoid melting.
- Store properly: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Store Avocado Chocolate Pecan Cake
- Let the cake cool fully.
- Wrap the cake entirely in plastic or foil.
- Keep the cake in the fridge.
Can You Freeze Avocado Chocolate Pecan Cake?
Enjoy the convenience of freezing your avocado chocolate pecan cake for up to 6 months. Achieve that perfect fudgy texture by freezing the entire cake for just 10 minutes or dig in immediately. For storage, neatly slice and place in a sealed container within the freezer.When you’re ready to savor it, simply let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
Frequently Asked Questions About Avocado Chocolate Pecan Cake
Does avocado chocolate cake taste like avocado?
Contrary to expectations, avocado chocolate cake bears no resemblance in taste to avocados.
Can an electric mixer be used instead of a food processor?
Swap out the food processor for an electric mixer.
Is avocado chocolate cake vegan and gluten-free?
Explore avocado chocolate cake recipes that are both vegan and gluten-free.
What are the ingredients for chocolate avocado cake?
When it comes to crafting a delicious chocolate avocado cake, the ingredient list can vary, yet you’ll often find staples like flour, cocoa powder, leavening agents, salt, creamy avocado, eggs, sugar, and the delightful addition of pecans.
Avocado Chocolate Pecan Cake Recipe
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or semisweet)
- 1 small avocado (mashed, about 2/3 cup)
- ½ cup pecans (crushed or chopped)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- Place the chocolate chips in a glass bowl, and then microwave them in 30-second intervals at 50% power. Remember to stir between each interval to ensure a smooth consistency. Once done, set it aside.
- Begin by scooping the avocado insides into a separate bowl, then mashing them with a fork until you have about 2/3 cup. Next, incorporate the majority of the melted chocolate into the avocado mixture, saving approximately 3 tablespoons for a delightful drizzle or topping at the end. Don't forget to cover the reserved chocolate with plastic wrap and leave it on the counter for now.
- Incorporate crushed pecans (setting aside 2 tablespoons for a potential topping), vanilla, and salt into the chocolate avocado mixture, ensuring thorough blending. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small shallow bowl, combine cocoa powder and espresso powder, then stir thoroughly.
- After chilling, the truffle mixture should be easy to scoop and roll into 1-inch balls. If not, chill it longer.
- To enhance your truffles with a chocolate drizzle and chopped pecans, follow these steps for a perfect finish: Reheat the reserved melted chocolate in the microwave until it reaches a drizzly consistency, being careful not to overheat and risk scorching. Then, using a spoon, elegantly drizzle the chocolate over each truffle, and generously sprinkle the reserved chopped pecans on top.
- After drizzling with chocolate, pop the sheet pan in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to set it. Once done, transfer the truffles to an airtight container and keep them refrigerated until you're ready to savor them!