Looking for an impressive dessert that’s both delicious and easy to make? Check out the Apple Pecan Cake Recipe! This moist and tender cake offers a delightful blend of sweet and nutty flavors, leaving your taste buds craving more. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner, there’s a recipe to suit your needs.
Key Apple Pecan Cake Ingredients & Why
Granulated Sugar sweetens the cake.
Light Brown Sugar
Light Brown Sugar imparts a caramel-like flavor.
Oil maintains cake moisture.
Apples shine as the key ingredient, enhancing flavor and texture.
Vanilla Extract enhances cake flavor.
All-Purpose Flour forms the cake batter base.
Cinnamon adds warmth and spice.
Pecans introduce nutty flavor and crunch.
Eggs bind the cake batter.
Baking Soda aids in rising.
Salt elevates cake flavor.
Butter is used in the caramel glaze.
Baking Powder aids in rising.
How Do You Make The Best Apple Pecan Cake?
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Then, simply oil a 10″ Springform Pan and set it aside.
- Chop apples finely and set them aside.
- Blend sugar and oil in a mixing bowl or with a stand mixer for a combined mixture.
- Add eggs sequentially, ensuring complete mixing before adding the next.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk.
- Fold in dry ingredients, then mix in apples, nuts, and vanilla for a clear and concise process.
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan, pour, and bake for 1 hour until a clean toothpick emerges.
- Blend brown sugar, butter, and heavy cream in a small saucepan for a delicious result.
- Boil vigorously for 2-3 minutes, stirring throughout.
- To achieve the best results, when the cake is hot from the oven, use a fork or toothpick to create holes, and pour the glaze. Afterward, ensure it cools thoroughly before removing the springform ring.
- Enjoy with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Pro Tips For Making Apple Pecan Cake Recipe
- Use fresh apples and pecans for the best flavor and texture.
- Enhance pecan flavor and add a satisfying crunch by toasting them before adding to the cake batter.
- Create a warm, cozy fall flavor with a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Avoid overmixing for a light and fluffy texture; mix until just combined.
- Achieve an elegant cake shape and easy slicing with a bundt pan.
- Elevate the cake with a simple glaze made of powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Ensure easy handling and intact slices by allowing the cake to cool completely before cutting.
How to Store Apple Pecan Cake
- Keep the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days.
- For short-term storage, refrigerate the cake for 5-7 days, wrapping it in foil or plastic wrap to retain moisture.
- Freeze the cake for up to 3 months by cooling it, wrapping tightly in plastic, and storing in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Can You Freeze Apple Pecan Cake?
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Double-wrap it in plastic to prevent freezer burn.
- Add an extra layer of protection with foil.
- Insert the wrapped cake into a freezer bag.
- Label the bag with date and contents.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions About Apple Pecan Cake
What is apple pecan cake?
Craft apple pecan cake in diverse forms, including loaf, sheet, or coffee cake.
What are the ingredients in apple pecan cake?
Apple pecan cake recipes may differ in ingredient choices, but they generally consist of flour, sugar, eggs, butter, along with apples, pecans, and flavorful spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
How do you make apple pecan cake?
To craft an apple pecan cake, start by blending dry and wet ingredients, then fold in chopped apples and pecans before baking in the oven.
Can you make apple pecan cake ahead of time?
Prepare your apple pecan cake in advance, and maintain its freshness by storing it in an airtight container. It can be kept at room temperature for several days or refrigerated for up to a week. For even longer storage, consider freezing it.
Apple Pecan Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cup oil vegetable, grapeseed, canola
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups peeled and finely chopped apples
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- To begin, preheat the oven to 350°F, and don't forget to oil a 10" Springform Pan, setting it aside for later.
- Finely chop the apples and then set them aside.
- Mix sugar and oil in a large bowl or with a stand mixer using a paddle attachment.
- Add the eggs individually, making sure to fully combine each one before adding the next.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a spacious mixing bowl.
- Begin by gently folding the dry ingredients into the oil mixture, then seamlessly stir in the apples, nuts, and vanilla.
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan, pour the mixture, and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, and heavy cream for a perfect blend.
- Start by bringing it to a boil on high heat, and then cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Once you've taken the cake out of the oven while it's still hot, simply use a fork or toothpick to make some holes, and then drizzle the glaze over it. Let it cool down completely before taking off the springform ring.
- Enhance your experience by serving it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.