Looking for a recipe? Check out the Amaretto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Recipe – it’s a crowd-pleaser and a sweet delight for any occasion!
With four layers of moist cake, rich chocolate and hazelnut flavors, and a touch of amaretto liqueur, this cake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re an experienced baker or a novice in the kitchen, you can create this stunning cake with ease. So why not indulge in a slice of heaven and try making an Amaretto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake today?
Key Amaretto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Ingredients & Why
Hazelnuts, whether chopped or in hazelnut meal, provide a nutty flavor and crunchy texture to this cake.
Amaretto or Hazelnut Liqueur
Enhance the hazelnut goodness with Amaretto, a sweet almond liqueur, or hazelnut liqueur, adding a distinct flavor to the cake.
Chocolate, in melted form or as cocoa powder, delivers a rich and decadent flavor.
Eggs contribute structure and moisture to perfect the cake.
Incorporate butter for richness and flavor in both the cake batter and frosting.
Sugar sweetens both the cake and frosting.
Flour lends essential structure to the cake.
Elevate the cake with baking powder to ensure a perfect rise.
Salt enhances the overall flavor of the cake.
Occasionally, milk is added to the cake batter or frosting for extra moisture and richness.
How Do You Make The Best Amaretto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake?
- To prepare, preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan and lightly dust with powdered sugar.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in a 2-quart saucepan. Heat over low for 4-6 minutes until smooth. Then, stir in nuts, sugar, and eggs before pouring into the prepared pan.
- Bake 28-32 minutes, until edges pull away. Cool, remove springform pan sides, and place on a serving plate for a perfect presentation.
- Combine baking chocolate and whipping cream in a saucepan. Heat gently, stirring for 3-4 minutes until smooth. Let it cool for 5 minutes, then pour it over the cake’s top and sides. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
- Enhance your dish with a drizzle of melted chocolate and a sprinkle of hazelnuts, as desired.
Pro Tips For Making Amaretto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Recipe
- Elevate the cake: Choose premium ingredients like fresh hazelnuts and high-quality chocolate.
- Enhance hazelnuts: Toast them in the oven for richer flavor and aroma.
- Cooling perfection: Let cake layers cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- Chocolate drizzle: Use a pastry bag to pipe chocolate along edges, spread it on top, and add hazelnuts.
- Set in the fridge: Refrigerate the cake for a few hours to firm it up.
- Prep caramel ahead: For Amaretto Truffle Torte, make caramel a day prior and briefly microwave for spreadability.
- Nutty assembly: Roast hazelnuts beforehand and press them lightly into caramel to avoid floating when ganache is added.
How to Store Amaretto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- For prolonged storage, refrigerate the cake.
- Maintain cake freshness by using an airtight container.
- To extend shelf life, freeze the cake in plastic and aluminum foil for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before serving.
- Prior to storage, let the cake rest overnight in the refrigerator to enhance flavors and moisture.
Can You Freeze Amaretto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake?
- Freeze Nigella’s Sunken Chocolate Amaretto Cake for up to 3 months after cooling. Unspring the pan, double-wrap it in clingfilm and foil.
- Preserve the Amaretto Hazelnut Cake Recipe’s freshness by freezing it for 3 months. Securely wrap it in a double layer of plastic wrap.
- Freeze the Amaretto Truffle Torte after assembly. Thaw it in the refrigerator, lightly covered with foil, a day or two before serving to prevent drying.
- Delia’s Amaretti Chocolate Cake is freezer-friendly for up to 3 months. Wrap it thoroughly in freezer film or foil, whole or in portions.
- Extend the shelf life of the Chocolate Hazelnut Torte by freezing it for up to two months. Defrost it several hours or overnight before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions About Amaretto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
Can the cake be made without amaretto?
Feel free to replace amaretto with a different alcohol or even orange juice for a change.
What type of chocolate should be used in the cake?
While the recipe doesn’t specify a chocolate type, one search result recommends adorning the cake with chopped toasted hazelnuts.
What is the texture of the cake like?
While the cake’s texture isn’t specified in the search results, one result highlights its delightful, sweet flavor without being overly heavy.
What size cake does the recipe make?
For this recipe, consider using a 23cm springform cake tin or mould, as the size is not specified.
Amaretto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes Butter
- 1/2 cup toasted finely chopped hazelnuts or filberts, skins removed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large Land O Lakes® Eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 (1-ounce) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Heavy Whipping Cream
- Melted chocolate, if desired
- Toasted chopped hazelnuts, if desired
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F. Then, generously grease both the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan, and finish by dusting it with powdered sugar.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, blend chocolate chips and butter over low heat for 4-6 minutes until you achieve a smooth mixture. Afterward, incorporate nuts, sugar, and eggs before pouring the resulting mixture into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until the edges gently detach from the sides of the pan. Allow it to cool completely before removing the springform pan sides and placing the cake on a serving plate.
- In a saucepan, combine baking chocolate and whipping cream. Stir over low heat for 3-4 minutes until it's smooth. After cooling for 5 minutes, pour this mixture over the top and sides of your cooled cake. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour for it to set.
- For added indulgence, consider drizzling with melted chocolate and sprinkling with hazelnuts if desired.