Indulge your cravings with our Amaretto Almond Joy Cake recipe. It’s a delightful replica of the popular candy bar, featuring layers of chocolate cake infused with almond extract, a sticky coconut filling, and a luscious chocolate ganache.
Whether it’s a special occasion or a sweet craving, this cake is your go-to. Explore more recipes below to start baking!
Key Amaretto Almond Joy Cake Ingredients & Why
A sweet, almond-flavored liqueur essential for enhancing Amaretto Almond Joy Cake’s nutty richness.
Boosting the cake’s almond essence, a must-have in Amaretto Almond Joy Cake recipes.
Chocolate Cake Mix
The foundation of the cake, often called for in most recipes, perfectly complementing almond and coconut notes.
Sweetened Condensed Milk
In select recipes, it contributes sweetness and moisture to the cake.
Some recipes suggest topping the cake with sliced almonds for added crunch and almond flavor.
Inspired by Almond Joy candy bars, sweetened coconut flakes infuse texture and flavor into the cake.
Mini marshmallows create a gooey layer within some recipes, adding sweetness and delightful texture.
How Do You Make The Best Amaretto Almond Joy Cake?
- Simply follow the cake package instructions for preparation.
- As you prepare the other layers, place the pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Mix 6 ounces of evaporated milk and 1/2 cup of sugar in a small saucepan for a simple and sweet concoction.
- Start boiling, then stop heating.
- Achieve a smooth melt by stirring in marshmallows.
- Mix in coconut until fully incorporated.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the cake, making sure to cover the outer edges.
- Create a smooth mixture by combining the remaining evaporated milk, sugar, and butter in a separate small saucepan.
- Begin boiling, then quickly stop heating.
- Blend in chocolate chips for rapid melting.
- Combine vanilla and the majority of almonds with the chocolate mix and blend until smooth.
- Achieve uniform coverage by spreading the chocolate almond mix on the cake.
- Add the remaining almond pieces for a finishing touch.
- Wait until it’s completely cool before serving.
Pro Tips For Making Amaretto Almond Joy Cake Recipe
- Achieve moist, tender perfection by adding 3-5 tbsp of heavy cream.
- Infuse delightful amaretto flavor into your cake, either in the batter or post-baking.
- Elevate texture with toasted sliced almonds as a crunchy garnish.
- Enhance cake with almond extract for a burst of flavor.
- Elevate moisture and flavor with almond flour; substitute with regular flour if needed.
- Elevate your cake with a whipped white chocolate ganache: heat, pour, cool, and whip for a fluffy frosting.
How to Store Amaretto Almond Joy Cake
- Store uneaten Amaretto cake covered at room temperature for up to 4 days. Cool before covering.
- For storage, keep the cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze the cake, wrapped well, for 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before serving.
- Chill the cake briefly in the fridge for easier slicing. Remember to cover it tightly to maintain freshness.
Can You Freeze Amaretto Almond Joy Cake?
- Freeze your Amaretto almond joy cake.
- To preserve baked Amaretto cake, wrap it in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, storing it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- For Amaretto almond bundt cake, freeze it without the glaze and add it after thawing.
- Note that the almond joy cake’s topping doesn’t freeze well.
Frequently Asked Questions About Amaretto Almond Joy Cake
How do I make the cake?
Disregard package directions; focus on the dry cake mix. To create the Spiked Almond Joy Poundcake, first combine the dry ingredients, then add the wet ones.
Should I toast the almonds first?
While some may enjoy it with toasted nuts on top, raw almonds are the preferred choice for the Almond Joy Cake.
What are the ingredients?
Enhance Clarity: For the Spiked Almond Joy Poundcake, gather flour, sugar, eggs, amaretto, butter, extracts, coconut, and almonds.
What is the texture of the cake?
Indulge in the delightful combination of moist almond cupcakes and almond frosting.
Amaretto Almond Joy Cake Recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk divided
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 3+1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1+1/2 cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almonds slivered, divided
- Make the cake as per the package instructions.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack while you get the other layers ready.
- In a small saucepan, blend together 6 ounces of evaporated milk and 1/2 cup of sugar for a creamy mixture.
- Begin boiling, then promptly remove from heat.
- Stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Blend well after adding the coconut.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the cake, covering the outer edges.
- In a separate small saucepan, blend together the remaining evaporated milk, sugar, and butter for a smooth mixture.
- Start boiling, then promptly take it off the heat.
- Effortlessly incorporate chocolate chips until they smoothly melt.
- Blend the vanilla and most of the almonds thoroughly into the chocolate mix.
- Ensure an even distribution of the chocolate almond mix across the cake.
- Enhance with the remaining almond pieces for added flavor and texture.
- Ensure it's fully cooled down before serving.