Are you prepared for a delightful indulgence that’s bound to please your palate? Enter the world of the almond lemon blueberry cake! This cake boasts the ideal blend of sweetness and tartness, complemented by the delightful crunch of almonds. Whether you aim to impress your guests with a dessert or simply crave a heavenly slice, this cake guarantees satisfaction.
With recipes from famous chefs like Yotam Ottolenghi and variations that use whole-wheat flour and less sugar, there’s a version of this cake for everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive into the world of almond lemon blueberry cake and discover the perfect recipe for you!
Key Almond Lemon Blueberry Cake Ingredients & Why
Provides richness and flavor to the cake. NYT Cooking’s recipe uses ½ cup (1 stick) + 3 tbsp/150g unsalted butter at room temperature, with extra for greasing the pan.
Sweetens the cake. NYT Cooking’s recipe requires 1 scant cup/190g granulated sugar.
Bind ingredients and give structure to the cake. The Happy Foodie’s recipe calls for 3 beaten large eggs.
Aids rising and provides structure. The Happy Foodie’s recipe calls for 90g sifted self-raising flour.
Adds nutty flavor and texture. The Happy Foodie’s recipe uses 110g ground almonds.
Enhances cake flavor. The Happy Foodie’s recipe recommends 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Balances cake sweetness. The Happy Foodie’s recipe suggests ⅛ tsp of salt.
Adds citrusy brightness. Alpine Ella’s recipe includes lemon zest.
Gives juicy sweetness and color. Melanie Makes’ recipe includes fresh blueberries.
Adds moisture and subtle coconut flavor. Love Food Nourish’s recipe calls for ⅓ cup melted and cooled coconut oil, with extra for greasing the muffin tray.
How Do You Make The Best Almond Lemon Blueberry Cake?
- To begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt for a clear and concise blend.
- Combine sugar, almond paste, and butter in an electric mixer. Add egg, lemon juice, and zest; mix until fully combined.
- Achieve the ideal mix by alternating flour and milk into the sugar mixture, starting and ending with milk, before gently folding in the blueberries.
- Simply pour the batter into a greased 9×13 baking pan for easy baking.
Pro Tips For Making Almond Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe
- Precise ingredient measurement matters: Use a kitchen scale, especially for flour and sugar, to ensure the cake’s perfect texture and sweetness.
- Avoid overmixing: Overmixing makes the cake dense. Mix ingredients only until combined.
- Opt for fresh blueberries: They add flavor and color. Rinse and dry before adding to the batter.
- Grease and line the pan: Prevent sticking by greasing with butter and using parchment paper at the bottom.
- Use room temp ingredients: For even mixing, use butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Add lemon zest and juice: Brighten the flavor with fresh lemon zest and juice.
- Embrace almond flour: It lends a nutty flavor, moist texture, and is gluten-free.
- Cool before icing: Let the cake cool completely to prevent icing from melting.
- Finish with powdered sugar: Dust the top for a polished, sweet touch.
How to Store Almond Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Room temperature: Store cake at room temp in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- Refrigerator: For longer freshness (5+ days), refrigerate cake in a sealed container.
- Freezer: Freeze leftover slices in a ziplock bag.
- Avoid prolonged room temp storage to prevent spoilage.
Can You Freeze Almond Lemon Blueberry Cake?
Extend the life of your almond lemon blueberry cake by freezing it for up to 2 months. Simply wrap it tightly in plastic, followed by aluminum foil. When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw individual slices on the counter for 10-15 minutes. For optimal results, freeze the cake without frosting.
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Lemon Blueberry Cake
What are the ingredients for almond lemon blueberry cake?
Crafting a delectable almond lemon blueberry cake calls for a blend of ingredients. Among these are unsalted butter, caster sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, almond flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, milk, and the vibrant addition of fresh blueberries.
Is almond lemon blueberry cake gluten-free?
When it comes to almond lemon blueberry cake recipes, you’ll find a mix of gluten-free and traditional options. For instance, one recipe incorporates all-purpose flour alongside almond flour, while another opts for gluten-free flour.
How long does almond lemon blueberry cake keep?
To keep your almond lemon blueberry cake fresh, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Can I freeze almond lemon blueberry cake?
To preserve your almond lemon blueberry cake, tightly wrap it in plastic followed by aluminum foil before freezing. When you’re ready to enjoy, allow it to thaw at room temperature.
Almond Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 12 ounces blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- To begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl for a thorough mix.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend sugar, almond paste, and butter. Incorporate the egg, lemon juice, and zest until thoroughly combined.
- To create the perfect blend, add the flour mixture and milk alternately into the sugar mixture, commencing with milk and concluding with it. Then delicately fold in the blueberries.
- Gently pour the batter into a greased 9x13 baking pan for a smooth preparation.