Looking for a beloved treat around the world? Check out this Banana Walnut Bread recipe! Craving something sweet and nutty? Look no further than this classic quick bread, a favorite for breakfast, snack, or dessert, thanks to its moist texture and rich flavor.
Whether you prefer a classic recipe or a healthier version, there’s a banana walnut bread recipe out there for everyone. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best banana walnut bread recipes on the internet, including gluten-free, vegan, and Mediterranean-inspired options. So grab your apron and let’s get baking!
Key Banana Walnut Bread Ingredients & Why
Overripe bananas sweeten and moisten banana walnut bread.
Traditionally, chopped walnuts provide a delectable flavor and a tender crunch, but other nuts work too.
Most recipes use all-purpose flour, with an option to go gluten-free one-to-one.
This leavening agent aids in rising the bread.
Granulated sugar brings sweetness to most banana walnut bread recipes.
Oil or butter
Vegetable oil or butter adds moisture.
Bind the ingredients and give structure to the bread.
Cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract flavor your banana walnut bread.
How Do You Make The Best Banana Walnut Bread?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Toast walnuts in the oven for 5-8 minutes; then let them cool.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in one bowl. In another bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and oil until creamy. Add mashed bananas, vanilla, and blend. Gently fold in nuts for a perfect mixture.
- Pour batter into the pan, bake in the center of the oven for 50-60 minutes until the top is springy and a center tester comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Pro Tips For Making Banana Walnut Bread Recipe
- Use ripe, spotted bananas for enhanced flavor and texture.
- Ensure precise measuring and mixing following the recipe to avoid tough or uneven bread.
- Get creative with add-ins like raisins, chocolate chips, and nuts for a unique twist.
- Allow complete cooling before slicing to ensure clean, easy cuts.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Store Banana Walnut Bread
- Keep your banana bread fresh at room temperature for 3-4 days by storing it in an airtight container with paper towels to prevent molding.
- For chilled slices or longer storage, use the refrigerator. Wrap the loaf in plastic or foil, then place it in an airtight container or resealable bag for up to 7 days.
- To store your banana bread for up to three months, freeze it. Wrap it in plastic or foil, then seal it in a container or bag. When ready to serve, thaw at room temperature for a few hours or overnight.
Can You Freeze Banana Walnut Bread?
- After cooling, wrap the bread in plastic.
- Follow with aluminum foil to seal it airtight, preventing dryness and freezer burn.
- Freeze the wrapped loaf for up to three months.
Frequently Asked Questions About Banana Walnut Bread
What makes banana bread ‘moist’ not ‘wet’?
The moisture content in banana bread primarily stems from the bananas and other wet ingredients, such as oil or yogurt. To achieve the desired texture, it’s crucial not to overmix the batter.
Is my banana bread cooked and edible?
To gauge your banana bread’s doneness, employ the toothpick test. Simply insert a toothpick into the center, and if it emerges clean, your bread is perfectly cooked.
What are the ingredients in banana walnut bread?
Streamline your shopping list with flour, baking essentials, spices, walnuts, bananas, eggs, sugar, oil, and milk. Explore variations with yogurt or sour cream.
Banana Walnut Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (3 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspon 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 medium overripe bananas (1 1/4 cups), mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F, then coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In a pie pan, spread the walnuts and toast them in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes until they become fragrant. Allow them to cool.
- Begin by whisking together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, create a creamy mixture by combining sugar, eggs, and oil at high speed. Integrate mashed bananas and vanilla, blending until smooth. Finally, incorporate the dry ingredients and gently fold in the nuts.
- To make your cake, pour the batter into the pan and bake it in the middle of the oven for 50 to 60 minutes. You'll know it's ready when the top is springy, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Afterward, allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a rack for complete cooling.