Craving a nutty cake? Look no further than the almond pistachio cake! It’s filled with almonds and pistachios, easy to make, and perfect for any occasion. Whether you like Persian-style cake with cardamom and orange juice or one with brown butter and almond extract, there’s a recipe for everyone. You can even make an authentic pistachio cake from scratch. Why not give the almond pistachio cake a try today?
Key Almond Pistachio Cake Ingredients & Why
Butter enriches and moistens the cake.
Sugar sweetens and tenderizes the cake.
Eggs bind and structure the cake.
Ground almonds offer nuttiness and texture.
Pistachios introduce unique flavor and texture.
Flour provides cake structure and stability.
Baking powder and soda leaven the cake.
Salt elevates cake flavor.
How Do You Make The Best Almond Pistachio Cake?
- To begin, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the pan ready by greasing and lining it with parchment paper for effortless removal.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend butter and sugar until smooth.
- Gradually incorporate the eggs, one at a time, to ensure complete integration.
- Mix ground almonds, pistachios, gluten-free flour, baking powder, and lemon zest with eggs for a tasty blend.
- Preheat the pan, pour the batter, and bake at 350°F for around 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 30 minutes on a rack before removing it.
- Take out the cake from the pan, dispose of the parchment paper, and let it cool on a wire rack. Finish with lemon glaze and crushed pistachios.
Pro Tips For Making Almond Pistachio Cake Recipe
- Start with room temperature ingredients: Ensure your butter and eggs are at room temperature for a smoother batter.
- Finely grind the nuts: Use a blender or food processor to achieve an even texture for better nut integration.
- Enhance with almond extract: Elevate the cake’s nutty essence with a teaspoon of almond extract for a richer flavor profile.
- Avoid overmixing: Once dry ingredients are added, mix only until combined to avoid a tough cake.
- Opt for a loaf pan: The almond pistachio cake is best in a greased and parchment-lined loaf pan to prevent sticking.
- Cool before slicing: Allow the cake to set for 10-15 minutes after baking to ensure it stays intact when sliced.
- Elevate with a glaze or frosting: Add sweetness with a powdered sugar glaze or cream cheese frosting to complement the nutty goodness.
How to Store Almond Pistachio Cake
- For longer freshness, refrigerate the cake when not consumed the same day.
- Keep the cake in the fridge for 3-5 days from the collection date for optimal taste.
- Store the cake in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freeze un-iced cake in layers of plastic wrap for a 2-month shelf life.
- To reheat, place the cake in a 150°C oven briefly or microwave to your preferred warmth.
How to Store Almond Pistachio Cake
- Ensure the cake cools fully before freezing.
- Slice into portions or keep it whole for freezing.
- Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Store the wrapped cake in an airtight container or freezer-friendly ziplock bag.
- Label with date and contents.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Pistachio Cake
Use different nuts in almond pistachio cake?
While the recipe calls for pistachios and almonds, feel free to swap in hazelnuts, walnuts, or pecans.
Sweetened coconut for almond pistachio cake?
Unsweetened coconut is best, but sweetened can work with sugar adjustment.
Roasted pistachios in almond pistachio cake?
Absolutely! Opt for unsalted pistachios to maintain the perfect balance.
Almond pistachio cake without pudding mix?
Certainly! Skip the pudding mix and blend pistachios, almond extract, and other ingredients for a moist, aromatic cake.
Almond Pistachio Cake
- 3/4 cup butter (softened 170 grams)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup finely ground almonds (115 grams)
- 2/3 cup finely ground pistachios (83 grams)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour (80.5 grams)
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 9x5x3 loaf pan by greasing it and lining the bottom with parchment paper for effortless removal.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine butter and sugar, mixing until smooth.
- Incorporate the eggs slowly, one at a time, ensuring full integration.
- Combine ground almonds, pistachios, gluten-free flour, baking powder, and lemon zest with the egg mixture for a flavorful blend.
- After preparing the pan, transfer the batter and bake it at 350°F for approximately 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center emerges clean.
- After transferring the cake to a cooling rack, let it cool in the pan for 30 minutes before releasing.
- Afterward, delicately remove the cake from the pan, discard the parchment paper, and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack. Finally, top it with lemon glaze and crushed pistachios.