Looking to impress your guests with a delectable and visually stunning dessert? Enter the almond cherry blossom cake – a tender white cake infused with the subtle taste of sakura, mirroring cherry blossom beauty.
Whether it’s a special occasion or just a sweet indulgence, this cake promises delight. Explore our article for the finest almond cherry blossom cake recipes.
Key Almond Cherry Blossom Cake Ingredients & Why
Finely milled, low-protein flour for a tender cake crumb.
Unsalted, softened for rich, flavorful mixing.
Sweetens and tenderizes, fine granulated preferred.
Adds nutty flavor—use extract or flour.
Sweet, fruity twist with maraschino cherries or pie filling.
Moisture and tender crumb—2% or whole milk.
Leavening for a light, fluffy rise.
Balances sweetness, enhances flavors.
Adds moisture and richness.
How Do You Make The Best Almond Cherry Blossom Cake?
- To get started, preheat your oven to 325°F and ensure you grease two 8″ cake pans.
- Cream butter, sugar, and coconut oil for 5 minutes. Add egg whites one by one, beating for 2 minutes after each addition. Incorporate salt, vanilla, sakura extract, and baking powder. Sift in flours, fold briefly, then slowly add buttermilk. Gently fold in pink sprinkles, ensuring a homogeneous batter by scraping the bowl’s bottom.
- Evenly coat the pan bottoms with a 1/2-inch layer of white batter.
- Create swirling chocolate branches on the cake using your piping bag, shaking it as you go to avoid straight lines. Make sure not to overdo it, as it can weigh down the cake’s center.
- Improve the look: add more white batter, smooth the top gently, and pipe extra squiggles.
- Keep repeating until the batter is evenly split between the two pans.
- Bake cakes for 40-50 minutes, cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto a rack.
Pro Tips For Making Almond Cherry Blossom Cake Recipe
- Use egg whites for the white cake batter and reserve one yolk for the chocolate batter; the remaining three yolks can be used for cookies.
- Sift cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into the stand mixer bowl.
- Add the egg whites to the dry ingredients and beat until the texture is even.
- You can use sweet cherries, either pitted and halved or 16-20 frozen cherries for this recipe.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar using an electric whisk until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Then add the remaining polenta, almonds, baking powder, yogurt, orange blossom water, orange juice, and cherry mix. Stir until just combined.
- Enhance the flavor by toasting the almonds before adding them to the cake batter.
- Before baking, sprinkle caster sugar on top of the cake for a slightly sweet and crunchy crust.
- Boil orange juice and sugar for a few minutes until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, add orange blossom water, and let it cool. After baking the cake, remove it from the oven and pour the syrup over it. Allow it to cool in the tin for 20 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack for complete cooling.
- For the cherry icing, blend cherries and icing sugar in a small food processor until smooth. Drizzle the icing all over the cake and top it with whole cherries.
How to Store Almond Cherry Blossom Cake
- Ideally, bake the cake a day in advance and refrigerate overnight for enhanced flavor and firmness.
- To maintain cake freshness for several hours, tightly wrap the rolled cake in plastic and refrigerate.
- For room temperature storage, seal the cake in a cake container to retain freshness and prevent drying.
- When storing an assembled cake at room temperature, cover it with a cake dome or an inverted large bowl to shield from dust and contaminants.
- For petits fours, halve the cake crosswise, spread preserves on one half, top with the other, and refrigerate for an hour to set and ease cutting.
Can You Freeze Almond Cherry Blossom Cake?
You can freeze almond cherry blossom cake for an extended period, approximately 2-3 months, but it’s crucial to ensure it’s well-wrapped to prevent freezer burn. When you’re ready to enjoy it, simply thaw the cake either in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions About Almond Cherry Blossom Cake
What is almond cherry blossom cake?
Delight in almond cherry blossom cake: a fusion of sakura and almond in a visually stunning tribute to Japanese cherry blossoms.
What does almond cake taste like?
Enjoy almond cake’s nutty-sweet flavor and moist, tender texture. Pair it effortlessly with fruits, berries, or chocolate frosting.
What does cherry almond cake taste like?
Savor the airy, fruity bliss of our cherry almond cake, featuring maraschino cherries and almond extract, crowned with cherry-flavored buttercream.
Can I make almond cherry blossom cake ahead of time?
Preparing almond cherry blossom cake ahead of time is a breeze. Simply store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or for a week in the refrigerator.
Almond Cherry Blossom Cake Recipe
- 300g cherry, stoned and roughly chopped
- 250g pack butter, softened
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 100g ground almond
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 150ml pot natural yogurt
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- Begin by preheating the oven to 325°F and then generously grease two 8" cake pans.
- Cream butter, sugar, and coconut oil for 5 minutes. Add egg whites one at a time, beating for 2 minutes each. Add salt, vanilla, sakura extract, and baking powder; mix well. Sift in flours, fold briefly, then slowly add buttermilk. Fold in pink sprinkles for a uniform batter.
- Spread a 1/2-inch layer of white batter evenly at the bottom of each pan.
- Employ your piping bag with chocolate batter, creating a series of intertwined branches on the cake. Shake the bag as you go, avoiding straight lines, to achieve an appealing effect. Be cautious not to overdo it, as it may weigh down the cake's center.
- To enhance the appearance, add extra white batter, gently smooth the top without disrupting the existing squiggles, and then pipe additional squiggly lines.
- Continuously repeat the process until the batter is evenly distributed between the two pans.
- After baking for 40-50 minutes, allow them to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert them onto a cooling rack.