10 Interesting Facts About Sting Cake
1. Bee Sting Cake: A German classic, centuries old.
2. Sweet yeast dough, caramelized almonds, custard or cream inside.
3. Legend: 15th-century bakers repelled raiders, celebrated with this cake.
4. Yeast cake balances rich filling and topping.
5. Pastry-like texture, yeasted dough like brioche.
6. Vanilla, sometimes a hint of orange liqueur in the filling.
7. Golden brown topping: crunchy almonds, honey.
8. Not overly sweet, perfect for spring.
9. Looks complex, but incredibly easy to make.
10. Adored dessert, loved by all who taste it.