Angel Food Cake is one of best favorite cakes in the world. According to research by the National Center for Biotechnology Information and U.S. National Library of Medicine, cream of tartar can potentially result in life-threatening hyperkalemia.
Cream of tartar is a powdery ingredient, potassium bitartrate that is used to prevent sugar from crystallizing into crunchiness.
For this reason, we can try to avoid this ingredient to make angel food cake. In this post we’ll show you how to make angel food cake recipes without cream of tartar.
Angel Food Cake Without Cream of Tartar
- 1 Stand mixer
- 1 Mixing bowls
- 1 tube pan
- 3 Eggs
- 8 yolks
- 250 grams sugar
- 125 grams flour
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Then grease an angel food cake pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, yolks, sugar, zest, and a pinch of salt for 30 minutes by hand, or for 10 minutes with an electric mixer, until you get a thick, pale mixture.
- Add the flour and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until done. Do the toothpick test.